Zeke and the NBA Draft

Once AGAIN LZIP you speak out of STUPIDITY AND IGNORANCE...there is a TREMENDOUS buzz in the NBA circles about Zeke! Just because he was not in Chicago or certain "writers" aren't speaking about him DOES NOT mean teams are not VERY, VERY INTERESTED in him! Please keep your uneducated comments to yourself....because YOU, sir/madame don't HAVE A CLUE!!!!

For you: SILENCE IS GOLDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SSSShhhhhhh....stop talking....and WATCH THE SHOW!

PS: Ask John Lucas...if there isn't tremendous buzz around THE UA SLEEPER of the NBA! Oh..and while you are talking to John....why don't you ask him about the 16 out of 60 NBA DRAFT PICKS that HE TRAINED!! Check your facts LZIPS and check the record...EVERY person John Lucas has trained as been DRAFTED! Ask Tristan Thompson!

Uuggghh...PLEASE GO SIT DOWN and SHUT UP!!

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, epic post GameChngr44. I'm still holding out hope that Zeke lands with the Cavs, but who knows. To me it seems logical - they're interested in Oden so they obviously want a big man. Fan support would be there since he's from a local school. It's a young team he would have time to develop with.

I'm not a Mike Brown fan, but he's defense first, and Zeke has a talent for blocking shots you can't teach. Unless they trade, they have plenty of picks, so why not give him a shot. I believe Ilgauskas has helped Tristan, so who better to work with Zeke than "Z".

But I'm used to the Cavs letting me down so I'm not holding my breath.

@GameChngr44, I think what LZip meant is that there isn't much of a public draft buzz about Zeke. I can attest that this is true because I search the internet every day for news about Zeke and the draft. The fact is that there is not a lot of public buzz. That certainly does not mean that there isn't a quiet, internal buzz among NBA teams. There are draft surprises every year when players who were not getting much public attention get drafted by NBA teams who see high level potential in private workouts which the general public knows little about. I think that Zeke has a good chance to win the Stealth Award in this year's NBA Draft. ;)

@GameChngr44, I think what LZip meant is that there isn't much of a public draft buzz about Zeke. I can attest that this is true because I search the internet every day for news about Zeke and the draft. The fact is that there is not a lot of public buzz. That certainly does not mean that there isn't a quiet, internal buzz among NBA teams. There are draft surprises every year when players who were not getting much public attention get drafted by NBA teams who see high level potential in private workouts which the general public knows little about. I think that Zeke has a good chance to win the Stealth Award in this year's NBA Draft. ;)

Thanks DIG, that's exactly what I meant. Look at my post history, I'm one of the ones who think Zeke will be drafted.

Not sure where that rant came from... My comment was in direct response to UAZip regarding the fact that nothing new has happened with Zeke, so I don't understand why he was expecting some new public mock draft "buzz" with him.

Thanks DIG, that's exactly what I meant. Look at my post history, I'm one of the ones who think Zeke will be drafted.

Not sure where that rant came from... My comment was in direct response to UAZip regarding the fact that nothing new has happened with Zeke, so I don't understand why he was expecting some new public mock draft "buzz" with him.

Maybe that's why she wrote, "Once AGAIN LZIP you speak out of STUPIDITY AND IGNORANCE."

Zeke has lots of dates these days -- NBA pre-draft workout dates:

* Dallas Mavericks Thursday, May 30

* Detroit Pistons Monday, June 3

* Phoenix Suns Friday, June 7

* Portland Trail Blazers Thursday and Friday, June 13-14

Zeke is ranked by The Wages of Wins Journal as the 3rd most productive (wins produced, i.e. WP40, ADJP40) college center in the NBA draft behind only Mike Muscala and Nerlens Noel.

Wouldn't it be something if Zeke ends up in Portland? You can then call Portland, "Akron's big brother" basically, with all those former Akron soccer players and coach, along with Zeke too? Hello, Portland :wave:

Nice! I'm liking that idea - Damian Lillard is scary good so that's a team on the rise for sure.

So I was in DC last weekend with a couple other UA friends for the Timbers/DC United match (plenty of Akron there). While we were walking by the Lincoln Memorial on Saturday, all three of us in Akron gear, a guy came up to us (a college-aged kid, probably about 6'9" wearing basketball warm-ups and a pistons hat, so he I'm assuming he either plays somewhere or is just a basketball fan) and asked us "Hey do you guys think Zeke Marshall will get drafted??" We all immediately said we sure hoped so. He then said something like "that dude's a beast. I hear he's been working hard. I hope to see him get picked." Pretty cool that a random guy in DC not only knew about Zeke and Akron, but was interested in his draft stock.

Just thought I'd pass that story along. I really wish I would have asked where the guy was from, and if he played anywhere. Oh well.

The four teams that have so far invited Zeke to private pre-draft tryouts all have mid-to-late second round selections. Phoenix is the lowest with the #57 pick while Detroit picks just ahead of them at #56, with Portland #45 and Dallas #44. The Pistons also have the #37 pick, the Trail Blazers also have the #39 and #40 picks, and the Mavs may exchange draft positions with the Los Angeles Lakers, which would move them back to #48. Most of these later picks are realistic possibilities for Zeke with any team that has a need for an athletic rim defender and is impressed with Zeke's potential. Dallas, Portland and Phoenix all have a need for better defensive centers while Detroit has somewhat less need and would likely only take Zeke at #56 if they thought he was the best player available regardless of position.

ZipsBurgh...THANK YOU for that story! Trust when I tell you, people are TALKING, TALKING, TALKING about Zeke and how much of a "sleeper" he is! Let me reassure my Zips Family...ZEKE MARSHALL WILL be drafted NO DOUBT ABOUT IT! Here is a quote for you all to think about:

"Lucas also runs a pre-draft workout group. Last year’s group included 16 of the 60 players that were selected. Among the players working with Ledo in Houston are Solomon Hill (Arizona), Zeke Marshall (Akron) and Elston Turner (Texas A&M). Lucas says what he does is tell talented, young players what they don’t want to hear."

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/zeke_marsh...JyeyBG7Le57d.01

A little mystery from SB Nation in their article entitled 2013 NBA Draft big board: SB Nation's ranking of prospects:

Jonathan Tjarks gives his ranking of the top prospects in the 2013 NBA Draft. His rankings deviate from the norm and they will be periodically updated as we get closer to the June 27 draft.

Scrolling down their list of prospect rankings, one of the deviations from the norm is the player they rank as 60th best -- Zeke Adams, a center from Marshall. Problem is, the Thundering Herd didn't have a basketball player named Zeke Adams on their roster. Who is this mystery center named Zeke? Editing their list to move Marshall from the school column over to Zeke's last name, and changing Adams to Akron and moving it into the school column works better for me. :)

I'll keep updating the list as dates are added. Sometimes the local newspapers where the teams are located have articles about individual workouts. For example, also working out with Zeke today for the Dallas Mavericks is Rudy Gobert, who is considered one of the top centers in the draft and a likely mid-first round pick. Gobert is one of the few players in the draft who is taller than Zeke (7-2 to 7-0) and the only one with a bigger wingspan (7-9 to 7-5). It's a great opportunity for Zeke to show what he's got compared with a center who's projected as a higher draft choice. The Mavs beat writers for the Dallas Morning News and Fort Worth Star-Telegram may report on this workout, so I'll keep checking their websites and will post links to anything they may write.

Dallas Mavericks Thursday, May 30

Detroit Pistons Monday, June 3

Houston Rockets Wednesday, June 5

Phoenix Suns Friday, June 7

Portland Trail Blazers Thursday and Friday, June 13-14

Chicago Bulls (date?)

Indiana Pacers (date?)

Los Angeles Lakers (date?)

@headaviatorrowdie, thanks. I was just looking at those dates in this George Thomas report. GT says other unnamed teams are also interested. He doesn't show Portland in his story, but I'll leave it in for now. DJ Cooper is working out with the Trail Blazers today. Wouldn't it be a hoot if Zeke and DJ ended up with the same NBA team! No mention in the Dallas-Fort Worth media about Zeke's workout yesterday with the Mavs. But the Detroit media has been covering the Pistons' workouts, so we may see some mention there. Joe Dumars has been quoted as saying the Pistons would draft a big man if he was the best player available, so Zeke's workout in Detroit could pay off.

Dallas Mavericks May 30

Detroit Pistons June 2-3

Houston Rockets June 5

Phoenix Suns Friday, June 6

Portland Trail Blazers June 13-14

Los Angeles Lakers June 17

Chicago Bulls June 18

Indiana Pacers June 22

Other sources say the workout was yesterday. Could be that GT wrote the story yesterday but it was just posted today. I'll keep checking Dallas media.

Dallas was today. He was with Jeff Whithey from Kansas, Musculla from Bucknell, and others. He was the best shooter in the group and benched 185 17 times. Great show of strength and workout...