Zeke and the NBA Draft

Sacramento added to bring the list to an even dozen.

Dallas Mavericks May 31

Detroit Pistons June 2-3

Houston Rockets June 5

Phoenix Suns June 6

Sacramento Kings June 10

Minnesota Timberwolves June 12

Portland Trail Blazers June 13-14

Los Angeles Lakers June 17

Chicago Bulls June 18

Charlotte Bobcats June 19

Philadelphia 76ers June 21

Indiana Pacers June 22

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO, being selected by the Cavaliers is NOT in Zeke's best interest.

While one may sight any number of reasons consider this one. Chase Blackburn was a free agent who tried out with

the Cleveland Browns fresh out of college. They cut him. Today Chase owns TWO Super Bowl rings. The Browns

have NEVER been to any Super Bowl; ever.

What does this have to do with Zeke, you ask? Well. name any Cleveland sports franchise that has a produced a champion

post 1964. Oh, you can't. Touche'.

This is absolutely terrible logic and you come off sounding like a hater. I hope Zeke goes somewhere where he has a chance to succeed and have a long career. I seriously hope the potential for winning a championship is near the bottom of his list right now when evaluating teams. The Cavs are the most stable franchise in Cleveland with a bright future that has a talented a young core which includes a future superstar and that is about to add another #1 pick.

And to answer your question, the Cleveland Crunch of the National Professional Soccer League won the championship in '99

This is absolutely terrible logic and you come off sounding like a hater. I hope Zeke goes somewhere where he has a chance to succeed and have a long career. I seriously hope the potential for winning a championship is near the bottom of his list right now when evaluating teams. The Cavs are the most stable franchise in Cleveland with a bright future that has a talented a young core which includes a future superstar and that is about to add another #1 pick.

And to answer your question, the Cleveland Crunch of the National Professional Soccer League won the championship in '99

What the F***?

Calling me a hater? Retract that . Zeke is one of my favorite players. I consider myself his friend a friend of his family.

I want the best for Zeke. And, the knuckleheads in Cleveland are pure crap. If I "hate" any thing its the putrid

culture of losing that surrounds Cleveland professional sports. Got that? Loser.

What the F***?

Calling me a hater? Retract that . Zeke is one of my favorite players. I consider myself his friend a friend of his family.

I want the best for Zeke. And, the knuckleheads in Cleveland are pure crap. If I "hate" any thing its the putrid

culture of losing that surrounds Cleveland professional sports. Got that? Loser.

Lol. Loser?

For the record, I was calling you a Cleveland sports hater. Figured that was obvious.

Sound like a true frontrunner.

Confirmation that Zeke will not get a chance to work out against Cody Zeller tomorrow in Minnesota:

Roseville standout Mike Muscala, who played collegiately as a center at Bucknell, will be one of six players in the first session Wednesday at 2 p.m. Other athletes working out will be Pittsburgh post player Steve Adams, N.C. State guard Lorenzo Brown, UCLA guard Larry Drew III, Akron center Zeke Marshall and French star Rudy Gobert.

In the second session starting at 3:45 p.m., Indiana center Cody Zeller will work out by himself.

The Timberwolves currently hold the No. 9 pick and No. 26 pick in the first round of the NBA Draft.

Akron folks will be used to this: Cody Zeller, Mike Muscala, Rudy Golbert and Steven Adams all get interviewed on the Timberwolves channel at NBA.com after today's workout in Minnesota, but Zeke gets dissed. Maybe someone close to Zeke will let us know how he did against the "bigger name" dudes.

Tweaked his ankle. Diss was VERY obvious...but it's all good! 1 team does not stop the draft!!! Coming down the home stretch...will be in Portland this weekend and then its a whirlwind...non stop week of workouts. He is ALMOST at the end...just have to press and not give up! 15 days and counting!! #TeamZeke

Perhaps a little confirmation for GameChngr44's point that there is a growing buzz about Zeke among NBA teams: Fox Sports Ohio's Sam Amico last week in his NBA Mock Draft v2.0 projected Zeke being selected #57 by the Phoenix Suns. In v3.0 this week, "with more input from league executives," Amico projects Zeke being selected #54 by the Washington Wizards. So Zeke's stock is apparently on the rise with the league executives Amico is talking with.

NBA Mock Draft, Version 3.0

SAM AMICO | Published: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 1:44am |

My third look at who may go where in both rounds of the 2013 NBA Draft, with more input from league executives.

54. Washington: Zeke Marshall, 7-0, C, Akron

Perhaps a little confirmation for GameChngr44's point that there is a growing buzz about Zeke among NBA teams: Fox Sports Ohio's Sam Amico last week in his NBA Mock Draft v2.0 projected Zeke being selected #57 by the Phoenix Suns. In v3.0 this week, "with more input from league executives," Amico projects Zeke being selected #54 by the Washington Wizards. So Zeke's stock is apparently on the rise with the league executives Amico is talking with.

The Draft Boards do not take into consideration the Teams and the players that worked out for them. Washington is not going to work out Zeke so them drafting him makes no sense. Zeke worked out for teams that have first round pick and the majority (not all) have second round picks in the 30 - 46 range.

If Zeke is not first round, he should be in the 30 - 46 range.

@Zip2Go, good point on Washington. I was mainly focusing on the point that Zeke is moving up higher in that particular mock draft based on more input from NBA executives.

Here's a fair evaluation of Zeke from his Portland workout today:

Noteworthy: A 7-footer with an impressive 7-5 wingspan, Marshall’s calling card is defense and he was named the MAC Defensive Player of the Year during each of his final two college seasons. His shot-blocking ability is particularly impressive as he ranked third in Division I in blocks as a senior, averaging 3.7 per game. He also averaged 13.0 points and 7.0 rebounds, reaching double figures in scoring during 25 of 33 games. It earned him an All-Mac First Team selection. He nearly recorded a triple-double last season against Toledo, finishing with 18 points, nine blocks and eight rebounds. Marshall will need to improve his offensive ability to stick in the NBA and he spent time this year in Houston working with former NBA coach John Lucas to prepare for predraft workouts.

And here's a series of photos from the workout at this link. I'm pretty sure that's Zeke wearing #34 in that leadoff flying slam shot. He's definitely in the shot with one of the Trailblazers staff.

@Zip2Go, good point on Washington. I was mainly focusing on the point that Zeke is moving up higher in that particular mock draft based on more input from NBA executives.

Here's a fair evaluation of Zeke from his Portland workout today:

And here's a series of photos from the workout at this link. I'm pretty sure that's Zeke wearing #34 in that leadoff flying slam shot. He's definitely in the shot with one of the Trailblazers staff.

That is Zeke all right.

He is elbow high to the basket.

Which eliminates 99.9% of the population of the world.

Of course he will be drafted. How does an entire league ignore a guy who is 7' tall with a 7'5" wingspan who can run up and down the court all day and score and rebound and block shots?

Too much angst.

Too many people out there saying he won't get drafted, based only on the name he wore on his jersey for the past four years. Lots of "amatuer NBA analysts" on Twitter listing him as a UDFA that they want their team to look at. They'll be disappointed.

Too many people out there saying he won't get drafted, based only on the name he wore on his jersey for the past four years. Lots of "amatuer NBA analysts" on Twitter listing him as a UDFA that they want their team to look at. They'll be disappointed.

As I had stated previously, I believe that a few organizations were looking at him as someone they could sneak in the back door without spending a draft pick.

I think that Zeke is now in play and they WILL have to spend a draft pick to get him. None of that has anything to do with his ability, just that he was not in the top tier of "name" players from "name" teams.

Note that the players from the big NCAA schools get a lot of play on the draft lists, even though some of them did not impress at all in the dance.

Latest buzz on Zeke from a sports writer @ NBA Top 100:

Rodger Bohn ‏@rodgerbohn 15 Jun

Got texts from 3 NBA teams over last two days at #NBAtop100 about Akron's Zeke Marshall.Stock seems to be on rise as 2nd rd pick

Zeke is now becoming a hot commodity. Has at least 2 more works that are being scheduled. Teams are hearing feedback from other teams about his workouts and want to see him.

Haters? For all the support that ZN has shown Zeke for over four years, isn't that a little harsh? :unsure:

Reminder:

February 2008, ZipNation was on the bandwagon, and it hasn't stopped since.

Heres the deal DrZ...don't take my words so PERSONAL. Like my mother said..IF SHOE FITS WEAR IT..but if it doesnt than you dont' have nothing to worry about! I never said EVERYONE ON HERE are haters..but there were enuf of them that I felt like addressing THEM! If you aren't one of them THEN WHY ARE YOU OFFENDED?!! It wasn't harsh....it was what I choose to call those who ALWAYS had something negative to say about Zeke...they were then and they are now HATERS! If you aren't a HATER...then enjoy the ride with the rest of us!

Take a breathe..its not that serious! MUAH!!