Zeke and the NBA Draft

Just spoke with Zeke...he said his workout at LA went GREAT!!! Said he saw Kobe (he was getting treatment)...just said hello...had to keep it movin. Told him I wish he could've taken a photo (of course NO CAMERAS, PHONES were allowed)..seriously..like Uuuhhmm..its LA...photo op central!

Anyway, he is now on to Chicago!

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOW DO I EMBED A VIDEO?

How to embed youtube video

How to embed flash video

Note: some flash video just won't embed no matter what you do. In those instances, just provide a link, and direct the user to the video.

For future use to all users: "How To" posts are pinned in the 'Board Comments, Suggestions & Technical Support' Forum

Provided Zeke winds up on a team by draft or signing after the draft, is anyone else considering switching NBA loyalty to that team? I am, though the Cavs management has a lot to do with that as well.

Don't. You will be called a hater.

signed: the official cadavers hater.

@ZachTheZip, Zeke and Cody Zeller are working out with the Bobcats today. There's news and video here. Near the end of the video I believe that might be Zeke standing at the far end of the court in a dark blue uniform with his back to the camera. It's funny that Zeller is on court with other players, as it was noted in an earlier post in this thread that Zeller's agent had recommended that his client do private team workouts as he did in Portland and not work out against other players. No word on whether or not Zeke and Zeller actually went up against each other during the Bobcats workout.

This is what kills me about the big-time sports media. SI's Andy Glockner writes an article entitled NBA Draft 2013: Second-Round Sleepers. I'm looking forward to some surprises. He lists Trevor Mbakwe, Colton Iverson, Jackie Carmichael, Erick Green and Mike Muscala. Every mock draft has these guys listed as solid second round selections, and many sports journalists have written about their NBA potential. They're only "sleepers" to those who don't follow college basketball beyond watching the NCAA tournament championship game.

Hint: A sleeper is someone who becomes unexpectedly successful or important after a period of being unnoticed, ignored, or considered unpromising or a failure.

Try digging a little deeper, Andy, like maybe a player who's having workouts with nearly half of the teams in the NBA and almost none of the big-time sports media are talking about.

Example: BlogLockers.com has Zeke Marshall going to the San Antonio Spurs as the #58 draft selection. The Spurs have one of the best and brightest organizations in the NBA when it comes to evaluating and cultivating sleeper players like Danny Green, who was cut by the Cavs but just set an NBA finals record for 3-point shots made playing for the Spurs.

Example: BlogLockers.com has Zeke Marshall going to the San Antonio Spurs as the #58 draft selection. The Spurs have one of the best and brightest organizations in the NBA when it comes to evaluating and cultivating sleeper players like Danny Green, who was cut by the Cavs but just set an NBA finals record for 3-point shots made playing for the Spurs.

Would love Zeke to go to the Spurs! Don't forget though, they cut Danny Green too.

Would love Zeke to go to the Spurs! Don't forget though, they cut Danny Green too.

I was aware of that. The important thing is that even though the Spurs cut him, they didn't totally give up on him. San Antonio allowed Green to prove himself at an appropriate level for him at the time, kept a close eye on his development and brought him back once he'd satisfied their expectations. In other words, the Spurs organization played it exactly right. The Cavs let Green go and lost his phone number. If Zeke should be so lucky as to end up with the Spurs, I believe he would get a better opportunity to develop at his own pace than with almost any other team in the NBA.

This is what kills me about the big-time sports media. SI's Andy Glockner writes an article entitled NBA Draft 2013: Second-Round Sleepers. I'm looking forward to some surprises. He lists Trevor Mbakwe, Colton Iverson, Jackie Carmichael, Erick Green and Mike Muscala. Every mock draft has these guys listed as solid second round selections, and many sports journalists have written about their NBA potential. They're only "sleepers" to those who don't follow college basketball beyond watching the NCAA tournament championship game.

Hint: A sleeper is someone who becomes unexpectedly successful or important after a period of being unnoticed, ignored, or considered unpromising or a failure.

Try digging a little deeper, Andy, like maybe a player who's having workouts with nearly half of the teams in the NBA and almost none of the big-time sports media are talking about.

Maybe he considers Zeke a lock and not a sleeper? After all, Zeke is already a better big than the ones that he listed, and has much more potential too. Just a thought... nothing more... nothing less.

Also, although I think that San Antonio is a well run organization with a great coach, I'd love to see Zeke, LeBron and Norris Cole together. That would be a lot of fun, although unlikely. But trades do happen during the draft! San Antonio would make sense though, Zeke would be Tim Duncan's heir apparent. He has all the physical tools for it.

Good luck Zeke! Looking forward to the draft! Even if Thursday, June 27th is the night before finals for the first 5 week summer session :)

I don't follow the nba much because I think it is such a terrible product, but I took a minute to look at Miami's roster this morning. Lots of rumors that Chris Bosh won't be back next year. If so, Miami will be looking for a starting center. I'm not sure Zeke is a starting center but interesting options open up. Miami has a lot of guys listed as a center or center/forward that back up Bosh. If Miami could sign a starting center and package some of those big guys in trades to fill other holes, it opens up an opportunity for a back up center position. Opportunity knocks for Zeke. The playoff loot alone would be worth Zeke going to Miami.

Regarding the NBA, the only team I watch is the Spurs when they're deep in the playoffs. I think it's about the only franchise built around basketball as a team game. Great finals series btw.

I think San Antonio is the kind of place that Zeke would thrive. They have had success rotating centers in and out over the past 15 years, and won with lots of different bigs next to Timmy. The past few weeks have shown a little bit of a weakness defensively when Tim's not in the game. Fact is, the guy is 37. His game is more like he's 32 .. but he can't be playing 40 minutes a night anymore. For Zeke to be a big guy to come off the bench and defend the rim for the Spurs seems to me to be a good fit. The franchise is known for concentrating on what their players CAN DO rather than what they can't.

That being said, I'm not sure how he lands there. Seems to me that he'll climb to the middle of the 2nd round. I can't see him dropping all the way to the bottom of the 2nd round. I figure he goes somewhere in the 40's.

Good luck to Zeke this next week.

Zips got next.

B) B) B) B) B) B) B)