Is there more to the Abreu story?

Spin

After listening to Tim Donaghy's interview on Bull and Fox today, I got to wonder if there were more to the Abreau story than what we've heard. He talks about how the NBA uses referees to "fix" games, how players would make sure they won games (under the spread), how big time college basketball is involved, and how organized crime, extortion, drugs, etc are involved.

First off, after listening to the interview podcast avail here and possibly reading his book, do you think he's full of crap? And (like Bull said), did you think Jose Canseco was full of crap too?

And second, could this Abreau deal somehow be related somehow?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After listening to Tim Donaghy's interview on Bull and Fox today, I got to wonder if there were more to the Abreau story than what we've heard. He talks about how the NBA uses referees to "fix" games, how players would make sure they won games (under the spread), how big time college basketball is involved, and how organized crime, extortion, drugs, etc are involved.

First off, after listening to the interview podcast avail here and possibly reading his book, do you think he's full of crap? And (like Bull said), did you think Jose Canseco was full of crap too?

Somehow! Somehow? Ambiguity Award Winner of the Day! :wave:

I'm good with conspiracy theories. I think that it somehow involves a former christian and some powers that be. A PI that follewd AA to know places he visited, then a gentle bear from Washington knew to overnight a 5 lb box that was 3 feet long to a specific address at a specific time and let the authorities know in advance. All in hopes of helping a bobcat find a crystal slipper that would get it to the dance.

First you have to listen to the interview to understand what I'm talking about. Again that's no a prereq here to actually listen to the other person you think you disagree with, but just humor me.

Then you have to decide whether he is completely full of crap, or if there's at least some truth to what he's saying.

I know it'd difficult, but that's how you have a real discussion.

Spin: I heard most of the interview yesterday, and what Donaghy was talking about makes some sense. Maybe there is more to this than AA with the 5 pounds. Who knows? We will just have let things work themselves out. I did find the interview very interesting.

Someone listens to Bull and Fox?

Someone listens to Bull and Fox?

Yeah, I'm working 8 hour days for the first time in years while I orient at MetroHealth, and caught it on my way home. I can't wait to get back on 12's...

Spin: I heard most of the interview yesterday, and what Donaghy was talking about makes some sense. Maybe there is more to this than AA with the 5 pounds. Who knows? We will just have let things work themselves out. I did find the interview very interesting.

Could it have been a payoff? Or a setup for AA not laying down? Makes you wonder about Cooper's disappearance too.

I already thought the NBA was fixed (allegedly) but never considered college. Makes sense though. Younger guys, not being paid, billions of gambling dollars (especially on the Tournament).

Things that make you go HMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

Could it have been a payoff? Or a setup for AA not laying down? Makes you wonder about Cooper's disappearance too.

I already thought the NBA was fixed (allegedly) but never considered college. Makes sense though. Younger guys, not being paid, billions of gambling dollars (especially on the Tournament).

Things that make you go HMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

LOL. Give me a break man.

Yeah, I'm working 8 hour days for the first time in years while I orient at MetroHealth, and caught it on my way home. I can't wait to get back on 12's...

Ha. Actually, Fox isn't too bad, but I'm always amazed at how much sports radio guys don't know. Joe Dunn and the guys on 1350 are an exception. But most of the 92.3 and 850 guys really don't know many facts when it comes to the teams they cover. They're always having to have things looked up for them. Bruce Hooley used to cover OSU, but he seems clueless on even their recent history. Every one of their meetings about show topics has to end with, "let's just talk about the Browns' QB situation some more."

Ha. Actually, Fox isn't too bad, but I'm always amazed at how much sports radio guys don't know. Joe Dunn and the guys on 1350 are an exception. But most of the 92.3 and 850 guys really don't know many facts when it comes to the teams they cover. They're always having to have things looked up for them. Bruce Hooley used to cover OSU, but he seems clueless on even their recent history. Every one of their meetings about show topics has to end with, "let's just talk about the Browns' QB situation some more."

Joe's show is great. He went into a nice rant the other day about how some Columbus beat writers were pounding their chests about their perceived superiority over Wichita State, before they had their butts handed to them. I loved it. Typical Ohio State.

Youropinion.jpg

Another thread full of naysayers without a bit of evidence. :rolleyes: You guys crack me up. I was looking for the perfect set-up and Donaghy came through.

Is he making it all up? YOU DON'T KNOW. The only people who DO know aren't saying anything. So all the chest thumping and joke making isn't going to prove shit.

I think you're afraid he's right.,