Keith Dambrot

She must have absolutely NOTHING TO DO TODAY!!!!!!!!! If the Cavs hired a college coach (good, but C'MON MAN!!!!!!), who has yet to win an NCAA tournament game, they would have all NBA fans laughing until the beginning of next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually think he'd be a decent NBA coach. From an X's and O's standpoint, he is extremely strong. Now he wouldn't have to worry about recruiting, etc. ...

It'll never happen, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a halfway decent choice.

That list was ridiculous, I have a better chance at becoming the Cavs next coach then half those names...

If I were a betting man, I would look at the first five names under former NBA coaches (Mo Cheeks, Skiles, Brown, Mcmillan and Saunders)

Dambrot would be crazy but would not be any crazier of a hire than Mike Dunlap was with the Charlotte Bobcats. Dunlap had never been a head coach at the Division 1 or NBA level before being hired this year.

She must have absolutely NOTHING TO DO TODAY!!!!!!!!! If the Cavs hired a college coach (good, but C'MON MAN!!!!!!), who has yet to win an NCAA tournament game, they would have all NBA fans laughing until the beginning of next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that would be different from the post-LeBron era how?

The team was better with Ted Stepien making trades.

Dambrot would be crazy

and rich.

And that would be different from the post-LeBron era how?

The team was better with Ted Stepien making trades.

Sad, but true. This franchise has reached an all-new low.

The more I think about it, hiring a successful D-1 college coach, who already gets credit for the early development of maybe the best basketball player of all time, doesn't sound like such a bad move for the Cavs after all.

Sad, but true. This franchise has reached an all-new low.

The more I think about it, hiring a successful D-1 college coach, who already gets credit for the early development of maybe the best basketball player of all time, doesn't sound like such a bad move for the Cavs after all.

Yeah, because putting all of your eggs in a basket for one player worked so well the last time. :rolleyes:

And all of you obviously have no idea what a rebuild is. Byron was the scapegoat all along. Grant has set the Cavs up well for the future.

Mike Brown is headed back to the Cavs. They didn't really have a big search, but I doubt KD would have been considered. Gilbert has always been a "big splash" kind of guy and couldn't see him taking a coach out of the MAC. If anything at least it will end the Lebron Cleveland return conversation.

Mike Brown is headed back to the Cavs. They didn't really have a big search, but I doubt KD would have been considered. Gilbert has always been a "big splash" kind of guy and couldn't see him taking a coach out of the MAC. If anything at least it will end the Lebron Cleveland return conversation.

The only reason Gilbert fired Brown the first time was desperation. I think he thought if he could convince Phil Jackson to come, Lebron might stay.

No offense, but I fail to see how Mike Brown is a "big splash". Unless it's like a giant turd making a "big splash" in a toilet bowl.

No offense, but I fail to see how Mike Brown is a "big splash". Unless it's like a giant turd making a "big splash" in a toilet bowl.

He was the biggest coaching name available. He had already turned down the Suns and just about every other team with a vacancy was interested.

Exactly why I have given up on all Cleveland professional teams. They are so lame.

Hmm. Terry Francona, Nick Swisher, Michael Bourn. In one offseason. All Cleveland professional teams are lame?

YES. Ask me again IF/when these people make any difference in the futile happenings of Cleveland's so-called pro sports franchises.

BTW, I'm not a fan of any other cities' sports teams, except MLS (which Cleveland doesn't have anyway).

YES. Ask me again IF/when these people make any difference in the futile happenings of Cleveland's so-called pro sports franchises.

BTW, I'm not a fan of any other cities' sports teams, except MLS (which Cleveland doesn't have anyway).

Nobody asked.

I bet you rooted for the Cavs when Lebron was there. Frontrunners are awesome.

Nobody asked.

I bet you rooted for the Cavs when Lebron was there. Frontrunners are awesome.

There was a question mark at the end of zestycoyote's reply indicating a question.

Nope. I haven't cheered for the Cavs since they left Richfield, and I certainly won't do so now. EDIT: I also haven't cheered against them.

Takes time to build a winner. The Indians' moves this offseason is a step in the right direction. Don't bash a positive effort before any results are in.

Meh. Why don't you just give up on sports? Or root for frontrunners like the Yankees, Patriots, etc. since that's what you seem to desperately want.

Takes time to build a winner. The Indians' moves this offseason is a step in the right direction. Don't bash a positive effort before any results are in.

It's not enough, and in my opinion, it's not the right formula. They chose the right manager, but they have the wrong approach for getting players. It does take time, and runs in cycles. For a small market club to be successful, they need to concentrate on getting young talent and building the farm system. Their recent draft selections haven't been good.

Meh. Why don't you just give up on sports? Or root for frontrunners like the Yankees, Patriots, etc. since that's what you seem to desperately want.

I despise those teams you mentioned and am not looking for a "frontrunner". It would be nice to win something, though. I guess the Tribe has won the AL Pennant, which I didn't think would happen in my lifetime. However, 49 years of futility without a championship among 3 major sports franchises (I realize the Cavs have only been around since the 70's), and counting, entitles me to be critical and cynical.

You're welcome to post again and have the last word. I've hijacked this thread enough now. I'm not sure how many years you've been around and following Cleveland sports, but best wishes to you for having your heart stomped on over and again and going back for more. I'll be content to follow former Zips in the pros (MLS, NFL, etc.). I hope we start sending more players to the NFL soon.

GO ZIPS!

In defense of the Indians, I think they've done pretty well considering it's a stacked deck in MLB. A market like Cleveland is never going to keep guys like CC or Lee. Even all the star players from the 90's team eventually left for money.

The Cavs and Browns have no excuses. Those leagues have structures that do allow any market to compete. The Browns have been an utter disaster since the return and really don't deserve fan support. The Cavs got lucky with the LeBron and Kyrie lotteries, but it's hard to find any other good moves. I'd say Gilbert is trying, he's just not succeeding.

You don't have to be a frontrunner, but continually following franchises that are inept doesn't make sense either.

In defense of the Indians, I think they've done pretty well considering it's a stacked deck in MLB. A market like Cleveland is never going to keep guys like CC or Lee. Even all the star players from the 90's team eventually left for money.

The Cavs and Browns have no excuses. Those leagues have structures that do allow any market to compete. The Browns have been an utter disaster since the return and really don't deserve fan support. The Cavs got lucky with the LeBron and Kyrie lotteries, but it's hard to find any other good moves. I'd say Gilbert is trying, he's just not succeeding.

You don't have to be a frontrunner, but continually following franchises that are inept doesn't make sense either.

And the deck isnt stacked in the NBA? There is a reason why teams like LA and Boston are usually stacked. Its because FAs want to go there. FAs do not want to come to Cleveland to play. Even with Lebron, who was the biggest FA we signed? Larry Hughes? That worked out well.

As for the Cavs now, they are on a great track with stockpiled assets and young talent. The only realistic way for them to build is through the draft that is usually very weak. Aside from the obvious lock in Kyrie, the TT and Waiters picks (which were considered reaches at the time) look to be right. Both have showed great potential. They will make the playoffs next season. (Since you have so much time on your hands Im sure you will be able to find this post in a year).

The Browns on the other hand, its hard to win when you have an owner who doesnt give a shit like Lerner. He cared more about his soccer team (which is a joke too, by the way). It looked like they finally got an owner who cares, but it looks like he is turning out to be a crook. Cleveland luck man....

Its funny we are talking about not sticking with teams during thick and thin, eventually getting tired of it, etc....but I assume we are all Akron Zips football fans.