#Banned

I wonder if there is a # that says, #deathtothencaa.

It would be funny if it wasn't for the fact that the NCAA is involved in an elaborate Workers Compensation avoidance scheme. They can't solve that, but they can solve # on fields. The NCAA has the lowest aim in the world...and that is why it keeps shooting itself in the foot.

I wonder how many NCAA and Athletic Department employees will add a line to their resumes that says, "Eliminated the potentially crippling # problem in college athletics for the sake of the student-athletes competing on the field of play."

I applaud the NCAA for the decision. The endless bombardment of schools groveling for social media interaction on the Jumbotron on game-days is enough.

# is as overused as "Roo<insert whatever stupid suffix you want>". God Bless the NCAA for saving Sports Marketing Directors everywhere from themselves.

At least TW will have an excuse for low attendance next year: "We woulda sold out every game, but the NCAA wouldn't let us put hashtags on the field. So we only drew 1,500 instead. Go Zips!"

I applaud the NCAA for the decision. The endless bombardment of schools groveling for social media interaction on the Jumbotron on game-days is enough.

# is as overused as "Roo<insert whatever stupid suffix you want>". God Bless the NCAA for saving Sports Marketing Directors everywhere from themselves.

At least TW will have an excuse for low attendance next year: "We woulda sold out every game, but the NCAA wouldn't let us put hashtags on the field. So we only drew 1,500 instead. Go Zips!"

When did they throw your 80th birthday party? I didn't think you were that old.

I don't get the whole # thing either. I guess it has something to do with Twitter and I don't use that service either. Anyhow, I don't care what they put on the field and I really don't know what gives the NCAA the right to make decisions about this non-issue. Looking at a # tag on a field couldn't be any worse than looking at that stupid blue field in Boise. They should stick to regulating salmon on bagels.

A secondary purpose of the NCAA (behind being an elaborate Worker Compensation avoidance scheme) is being a vehicle for universities to make money for themselves, athletic directors and coaches by what has now become shamelessly pimping out student ATH-O-LEETS. In their world, a # is just part of that shameless pimping.