Track domination continues

zipboy

• 9 years later...

Maybe UA can pay up to replace the beat up chain-link fence surrounding the track. Put in brick and iron all around, like it is along Union street. It's the least they can do for a program at this level, and it would go a long way toward making campus look more appealing from Exchange.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that little UA outscored mighty tOSU at the 2015 NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championships. I think it was noted on GoZips.com that UA finished 12th overall, just 1 point outside the top 10, and was the top scoring team from outside the Power 5 conferences. But easily outscoring tOSU reinforces the lesson UA has already proved in soccer -- that the Zips can outperform tOSU in athletics where obscene amounts of cash are not involved.

1 Oregon 85.0
2 Florida 56.0
3 Arkansas 53.0
4 LSU 45.0
5 USC 40.50
6 Texas A&M 27.0
7 Texas 26.0
8 Miss State 20.0
9 Texas Tech 18.0
10 Penn State 17.0
10 Illinois 17.0
12 Akron 16.0
13 Baylor 14.0
13 BYU 14.0
15 Georgia 13.0

37 Ohio State 7.0

• Like 1

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that little UA outscored mighty tOSU.... But easily outscoring tOSU reinforces the lesson UA has already proved in soccer -- that the Zips can outperform tOSU in athletics where obscene amounts of cash are not involved.

You must not follow the Columbus State twitter account, I think they sent out a congrats to the Zips, #TeamOhio.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ZippyRulz said:

Can you provide some perspective as to why you posted these links?

The first one is not even Akron's Dennis Mitchell.

The other one is just the bio of an assistant that has been with the school since 2013.

I am not drumpk! (maybe a little)

I heard a reference to Dennis Mitchell while watching the Olympic relays this evening so I had to Google to see what involvement our coach had with the games, whereupon I learned there is another track coach with the same name. When I google for Akron track and hit the Coaching Staff link under gozips.com, the second url is what comes up, even though it is DM's bio at the top of the page. I see that it goes straight to the Gramlich bio when linked here ... weird interwebs...

• Like 1