2006 Season Predictions

AK-Zips

Dude...Akron left the OVC 20 years ago. Reagan is no longer President....vinyl records have been replaced by CD's, and now MP3's...the Chevette is no longer in production...you must let go of the 80's...move into the 21st century. How did you get Internet access with your Commador 64?
You know, Akron lost at home to Middle Tennessee in the 21st century too--just like 20 years ago. Some things never change. By the way, I'm not an old fart. I've never even heard of a Commador 64.
Congratulations, we lost at home to you guys with a new coach and new schemes at home in a huge UPSET and were thoroughly humiliated by it. Once our guys got a feel for the coaches and system, we came into your place in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year for us and a banner year for you and thoroughly dominated your 1-AA caliber program. Congratulations on being better than us 20 years ago. Really. That's great :lol: .

Congratulations, we lost at home to you guys with a new coach and new schemes at home in a huge UPSET and were thoroughly humiliated by it. Once our guys got a feel for the coaches and system, we came into your place in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year for us and a banner year for you and thoroughly dominated your 1-AA caliber program. Congratulations on being better than us 20 years ago. Really. That's great :lol: .
Don't make assumptions about our team without first getting the facts. We lost most of our starting offensive line, star Kerry Wright at WR, and a good runningback after the '04 season. Banner year? That's what we expected, but no one else was. You need to take a look at what the national media was saying about us in the preseason.And maybe you were rebuilding last year. Memphis who finished in the middle of the road in CUSA last season sure did expose that in the Motor City Bowl.

Congratulations, we lost at home to you guys with a new coach and new schemes at home in a huge UPSET and were thoroughly humiliated by it.  Once our guys got a feel for the coaches and system, we came into your place in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year for us and a banner year for you and thoroughly dominated your 1-AA caliber program.  Congratulations on being better than us 20 years ago.  Really.  That's great  :lol: .
Don't make assumptions about our team without first getting the facts. We lost most of our starting offensive line, star Kerry Wright at WR, and a good runningback after the '04 season. Banner year? That's what we expected, but no one else was. You need to take a look at what the national media was saying about us in the preseason.And maybe you were rebuilding last year. Memphis who finished in the middle of the road in CUSA last season sure did expose that in the Motor City Bowl.
so what bowl game did you guys play in? :wave:

I was at M-boro last year for the game. Akron did not play that well and still dominated the game. There was never a point in the game when one might have thought that MTSU would win. Looking back, that game should have been a warning shot for how bad Getsy played mid season last year, not the CMU second half.In terms of the most embarassing loss, don't we all remember the "Divine Intervention" game against Can't State in 2003 :nutkick: . Winning by 14 with approximately 6:30 to go and end up giving up 17 in that period of time. Hell, a first down would have won the game and we couldn't even get one. :nutkick: Only through divine intervention could Can't have won that game.

Not to interrupt the MTSU vs. Akron debate...but a conference full of little hick towns? Denton, TX has a population of 80,000. UNT has over 32,000 students. AND...Denton makes up the top part of the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex triangle which is the 7th largest TV market in the nation.Granted, the Sun Belt is a weak conference...but Akron plays in the MAC. While you may be an upper tier MAC team (right now), your conference includes some teams that are just as weak as Sun Belt teams. And if I remember correctly, the Sun Belt finished ahead of the MAC in football in the Sagarin conference rankings.The elitist complex starts at the very bottom of 1-A and goes on up. Do you think that the Big 10 looks at the MAC any differently than the Big XII or the SEC looks at the Sun Belt? Come on.

Not to interrupt the MTSU vs. Akron debate...but a conference full of little hick towns? Denton, TX has a population of 80,000. UNT has over 32,000 students. AND...Denton makes up the top part of the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex triangle which is the 7th largest TV market in the nation.Granted, the Sun Belt is a weak conference...but Akron plays in the MAC. While you may be an upper tier MAC team (right now), your conference includes some teams that are just as weak as Sun Belt teams. And if I remember correctly, the Sun Belt finished ahead of the MAC in football in the Sagarin conference rankings.The elitist complex starts at the very bottom of 1-A and goes on up. Do you think that the Big 10 looks at the MAC any differently than the Big XII or the SEC looks at the Sun Belt? Come on.
When was the last time a Sun Belt team beat a BCS school? Has it ever happened in the history of your conference. MAC teams regularly knock off BCS schools in fact the MAC has dominated a few of them. Last year was a weak year for the MAC but in past years we've had 3 even 4 teams in the top 25. The MAC is a conference with history, the Sun Belt is simply a collection of also rans put together with Independents and Big West refugees.

Now having said all that, while I don't respect your conference, and I don't respect MTSU in the least (they are a 1-AA school and always will be), I can respect your program at North Texas. Before last year, you guys had been to 3 straight bowls and had back to back rushing champions. That's nothing to sneeze at. I look forward to our game next year.

Now having said all that, while I don't respect your conference, and I don't respect MTSU in the least (they are a 1-AA school and always will be), I can respect your program at North Texas. Before last year, you guys had been to 3 straight bowls and had back to back rushing champions. That's nothing to sneeze at. I look forward to our game next year.
In The Zone, we know why you don't like Middle Tennessee. We went up there to Akron and ruined Charlie Frye's senior year in Game One. We ruined Akron's shot at a bowl game because Akron was the ONLY school in Division 1-A with a winning record that didn't go to a bowl game.In the Zone, I know you don't like Middle Tennessee because we are 7-2 all-time against Akron (4-0 against Akron in all games played at the Rubber Bowl). I know you don't like the Sun Belt because the SBC is 8-4 against MAC teams since 2000.I know you don't like the fact to know that as a Sun Belt team, Middle Tennessee is 3-0 against Vanderbilt which is a BC$ school and member of the $EC. I know you don't like the fact that Middle Tennessee was able to win at Vandy this past season despite the fact that they had an 11th-pick overall for the NFL draft at quarterback.The Sun Belt has recorded four wins that I know of right off the bat against BC$ teams. While were at it, how many BC$ teams have these programs beaten since 2001 (when the Sun Belt was founded):Can't State, Eastern Michigan, Central Michigan, Western Michigan, Buffalo, Ball StateThat's about half your league. Everyone knows that the real MAC teams are Toledo, Bowling Green, Miami of Ohio, and Northern Illinois. Ohio is improving, and Akron is borderline decent for a MAC school. The rest of the MAC couldn't win the Division III national title.

The MAC is a more tradition-rich conference and is stronger at the top football wise. However, the Sun Belt is a very young football conference. Troy beat a Brad Smith led Missouri team a couple of years ago. As you read above, MTSU has beaten Vanderbilt on numerous occasions as well. So the wins over BCS teams are rare, but they do exist. North Texas beat Cincinnati in a bowl game in '02 (the same year the Bearcats lost to National Champions Ohio St. on a last second field goal). Troy has beaten Marshall the same season they've beaten good teams like Kansas State. Finally, our record against the MAC is impressive since the inception of Sun Belt football.Thanks for your compliments of my team though. The four year conference unbeaten streak and four straight bowl games was a great run. We just hope we can get back to that level soon.If we seem quick to defend our teams and our conference, try to understand. Like many of your MAC counterparts, we have spent years defending our teams against fans of the Texas's, Oklahoma's, Alabama's, and Tennessee's of the world. As you know, it takes true school pride and some seriously thick skin to be a true fan of teams like these. See ya in the fall!

Now having said all that, while I don't respect your conference, and I don't respect MTSU in the least (they are a 1-AA school and always will be), I can respect your program at North Texas.  Before last year, you guys had been to 3 straight bowls and had back to back rushing champions.  That's nothing to sneeze at.  I look forward to our game next year.
In The Zone, we know why you don't like Middle Tennessee. We went up there to Akron and ruined Charlie Frye's senior year in Game One. We ruined Akron's shot at a bowl game because Akron was the ONLY school in Division 1-A with a winning record that didn't go to a bowl game.In the Zone, I know you don't like Middle Tennessee because we are 7-2 all-time against Akron (4-0 against Akron in all games played at the Rubber Bowl). I know you don't like the Sun Belt because the SBC is 8-4 against MAC teams since 2000.I know you don't like the fact to know that as a Sun Belt team, Middle Tennessee is 3-0 against Vanderbilt which is a BC$ school and member of the $EC. I know you don't like the fact that Middle Tennessee was able to win at Vandy this past season despite the fact that they had an 11th-pick overall for the NFL draft at quarterback.The Sun Belt has recorded four wins that I know of right off the bat against BC$ teams. While were at it, how many BC$ teams have these programs beaten since 2001 (when the Sun Belt was founded)Can't State, Eastern Michigan, Central Michigan, Western Michigan, Buffalo, Ball StateThat's about half your league. Everyone knows that the real MAC teams are Toledo, Bowling Green, Miami of Ohio, and Northern Illinois. Ohio is improving, and Akron is borderline decent for a MAC school. The rest of the MAC couldn't win the Division III national title.
Dude, you've had to come on here bragging about women's basketball. WOMEN'S BASKETBALL!! :lol: That should tell you something about what a sorry state your program is in. While I was humiliated for the Zips when they lost to a 1-AA school to open the '04 season, I understand why it happened and know we are way past that now. Why you feel the need to come on our board and start a bunch of crap with a team's fans that you don't even play anymore is beyond me. Little man complex I guess.You come on here bragging about a win over Vanderbilt. Vanderbilt :lol: . Being that Vanderbilt went about 5 years straight without winning a BCS game themselves, I don't really think they count as a BCS conference member. So other than that the Sun Belt has 1 win over a BCS school. How impressive. :lol: If your 1-AA school beat Vanderbilt then we would've beaten them by 40+.You call Akron borderline decent for a MAC school. We're the reigning conference champions you moron!! The top teams in the MAC, Akron, NIU, Toledo, Miami, WMU, and Bowling Green would dominate any team out of the Sun Belt at this point with maybe the exception of North Texas if they get their shit straight after last year and return to form. Even the bottom dwellers in the MAC, Can't, Buffalo, Ohio, CMU, EMU would all compete in the Sun Belt. Hell, the Sun Belt didn't have one player drafted this weekend. NOT ONE!!!! Most 1-AA conferences at least one guy go. That's pathetic indicator of the lack of talent in your conference.Your team will return to 1-AA in a few years where they belong and then hopefully you'll get over your inferiority complex. Until then stop flaming, leave our board (we don't even play you!!), and go contemplate the reality check you were just written.

Wow, I sense some hatred left over on this board from past MTSU vs. Akron games.Anyway, the Sun Belt had no one drafted this year, which was rare. Last year Demarcus Ware from Troy was selected in the top half of the first round. I could go back and list a bunch of others but that would probably only bore the folks here.As far as the bottom half of the MAC competing in the Sun Belt...how will we know that? Considering the Sun Belt's record vs. the MAC I wouldn't bet on that.

Wow, I sense some hatred left over on this board from past MTSU vs. Akron games.Anyway, the Sun Belt had no one drafted this year, which was rare.  Last year Demarcus Ware from Troy was selected in the top half of the first round.  I could go back and list a bunch of others but that would probably only bore the folks here.As far as the bottom half of the MAC competing in the Sun Belt...how will we know that?  Considering the Sun Belt's record vs. the MAC I wouldn't bet on that.
Honestly man, I felt absolutely no hatred towards MTSU whatsoever and most of their fans I'd come into contact with were class acts until this butt pirate came on here shooting off at the mouth totally out of touch with reality.I probably shouldn't have been that hard on the Sun Belt but it's a young conference and this moron is trying to put it on par with the MAC. It's just not. Like I said before, I respect the program at North Texas a lot, and I respect what Troy has been able to do (though I believe a lot of their success came as an independent??), heck I even think Arkansas St is on the rise, but to come on another teams board that you aren't even playing anymore and spew the kind of crap this guy did is just asking for it.

Wow, I sense some hatred left over on this board from past MTSU vs. Akron games.Anyway, the Sun Belt had no one drafted this year, which was rare. Last year Demarcus Ware from Troy was selected in the top half of the first round. I could go back and list a bunch of others but that would probably only bore the folks here.As far as the bottom half of the MAC competing in the Sun Belt...how will we know that? Considering the Sun Belt's record vs. the MAC I wouldn't bet on that.
Don't forget about UNT's win over Big 12 member, Baylor, in 2001.By the way, In The Zone, Vanderbilt would've have kicked the livin' dog snot out of Akron last year. The only reason why we beat them is because we know them. You guys don't know Vandy. They would've beaten you worse than they did 1-AA Richmond. We also know why Akron won the MAC title last year. It wasn't because Akron was good. It's because everyone else in the MAC sucked.By the way, we're 7-2 against Akron and 4-0 against Akron in the Rubber Bowl. We thoroughly enjoyed defeating your "Heisman hopeful" Charlie Frye in '04, and was even a better pleasure to help Sun Belt member, Troy, get the nod for a bowl game over a Akron in '04. Of course, Troy beat us. Akron did not.What amazed me about '04 is that people actually thought Akron deserved the bid over Troy just because of what league the Zips play in. It bothers me that people don't take into account that about 5-6 wins that MAC teams with winning records get every year are against the lousy members of the MAC who have been known to drop games to 1-AA teams like the Directional Michigans, Ball State, and Buffalo.

Hey Blue Raider: Here's a tip - If there's a blue background, you might want to choose a font color other than blue! :lol:
What do you mean Captain?It's very easy, get one of those red decoder gels from your TRIX box from the 80's and hold it up to the screen. Piece of cake.

I don't know how I forgot about the 52-14 dismantling of Baylor in '03. I guess after a while I've just come to consider Baylor a non-BCS program. :D ANYWAY...good luck to you Akron on your tough schedule this upcoming season, and I'm looking forward to our game in your home opener.