Luis Proenza to retire

Some Podunk radio station from Youngstown

WFMJ 21 is a television station in Youngstown.

For anyone that really cares: LIVE STREAM - 21 News will provide a live stream of the public forum for the Youngstown State University presidential finalists. The second candidate will be Gary Miller, chancellor of the University of North Carolina Wilmington. The forum is scheduled to begin at 2:00 p.m.

Wait...do people in Youngstown even have TVs?

Youngstown has six local TV stations. How many does Akron have??? Exactly.

Btw 21 WFMJ interviewed your student government president and they said they wanted a PhD candidate.

Btw 21 WFMJ interviewed your student government president and they said they wanted a PhD candidate.

Thanks for the Info. Good to know our student body actually wants a PhD too, the last two student presidents were definitely the best UA has to offer (and I'm being very serious when I say that). Die-hard Akron, Die-hard Zips.

But Define "local TV station"...because Akron has 5 that I know of, probably another one I'm not aware of.

Thanks for the Info. Good to know our student body actually wants a PhD too, the last two student presidents were definitely the best UA has to offer (and I'm being very serious when I say that). Die-hard Akron, Die-hard Zips.

But Define "local TV station"...because Akron has 5 that I know of, probably another one I'm not aware of.

Akron is part of the Cleveland market. For a city as large as Akron, and Canton for that matter, it seems unfortunate that you folks are lumped into the Cleveland market.

Youngstown has its own NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MyTV, and CW. Of course PBS is shared between Youngstown/Can't on 45/49.

As someone from Youngstown who currently goes to Akron, I can say that at least Youngstown has there own TV stations and doesn't have to rely on the Cleveland news which gives them a couple minutes.

LOL....This is when you find out what a joke this has all been. This position will mysteriously cease to exist.

One of the cuts the new President should make. A complete farce from the beginning.

Right, Texas A&M, Virginia Tech and all the other universities with VPs of Student Success are just waiting for UA to eliminate the position so they can follow suit. Then there are all the other universities who call it VP of Student Affairs who are looking to UA for leadership in eliminating this position. Why on earth should any university have a VP devoted to student interests?