MAC Talent [All in one place]

Dr Z

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is the best receiver in the draft from the MAC?

"I don't think he's special. He's a good player, but he basically bullied those dudes in his league. Look at how he played when he faced some top guys. In the Wisconsin game, he couldn't get away from No. 8 (CB Sojourn Shelton). ... He struggles against speed and quickness, so he will have to play bully ball in the league. I need to see him work out to get a better feel for his talent and potential." -- AFC college scouting director

• 3 weeks later...

Western Michigan Pro Day update

Corey Davis (ankle) did not participate, it was expected. Davis underwent surgery in January to address a severe high ankle sprain that involved two ligament tears. There is concern Davis won't work out at all before April's draft, although Davis has insisted he will. Davis has the best game tape in this year's wideout class. 

The Browns worked out Keion Adams at WMU's pro day. 

Zach Terrell has a workout set up with the Detroit Lions.

• 1 month later...

Western Michigan WR Corey Davis visited the Ravens, Titans, Eagles, Browns, and Cardinals.

It is usually foolish to put much stock into where a prospect visits, but Davis' list could be important considering he was not able to work out at the Combine or his Pro Day because of ankle surgery. Davis did post a video showing him running routes, and he expects to be at full health in a few weeks. Of the visits, Davis noted the "feel" with the Ravens was "a lot different" than the others. Owners of the No. 16 pick, Baltimore could certainly use a receiver with Davis' skill set. Source: Rotoworld.

Could another MAC QB make an NFL roster? PFF writer Josh Liskiewitz thinks it's likely. 

"Former Western Michigan passer Zach Terrell lacks a big-time arm, he led all of FBS in 2016 in both overall adjusted completion percentage (which accounts for drops, throw-aways and attempts made while absorbing hits) and adjusted completion percentage under pressure. His ability to perform well under pressure could help him develop into a solid backup at the NFL level, thus it makes sense for Baltimore to continue to develop his skill-set beyond training camp this fall."

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i remember a story written about him while he was at Kent where he'd wear heavy chains to his classes in order to strengthen his legs as he walked around campus. His 40 yard scramble on a 4th and 39 versus the Zips is one of the greatest individual efforts I've ever witnessed in 45 years of watching college football.  

One tough, driven dude.

16 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

His 40 yard scramble on a 4th and 39 versus the Zips

One of the most frustrating plays I'v ever had to watch with my Zips Defense on the field.  I think just about everyone on the field missed a chance to tackle him.  He was a fantastic scrambler, but I never saw his conversion to NFL receiver happening back then.    

At the beginning of the game the next year at the Rubber Bowl, when we got our retribution, John Mackey smacked him so hard in the backfield on a play that the ball popped about 10 yards behind him.  I felt like that was a little bit of justice for what happened the year before.   

Edited by skip-zip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Kareem Hunt got a lot of glowing reviews after his eight-carry, 40-yard performance at Cincinnati. Replacing Spencer Ware after the first offensive play of the game, West stuck around for 17 snaps with the first-team offense to give coach Andy Reid an extended look, and he added 23 yards on three receptions. All in all, not bad for a few drives' worth of work...The 25-yard run Hunt had was great because he broke a couple of tackles and stiff-armed a defender to pick up a little more yardage, but it ultimately accounted for more than half of his total on the night. While he had three gains for five or more yards, he also had three runs for one yard or less, all in the red zone.  Hunt reminded us that while he plays at a good game speed, he's not a burner with breakaway skills -- he ran a 4.62 40-yard dash at the combine. source

r246744_576x324_16-9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Have yourself a day, Mr. Hunt! I tried to get him in both of my leagues, but I think he got picked up off of sheer average draft position, which was higher than it would have been due to him being named the outright starter from Ware getting injured.

I tried and failed, too.

Most yards from line of scrimmage, ever, in an NFL RB debut.