MAC Talent [All in one place]

Dr Z

Nice rookie debut by NIU receiver Kenny Golladay. 

Kenny-Golladay-Second-Touchdown-Detroit-

Kenny Golladay played 44-of-73 offensive snaps in the Week 1 win over the Cardinals. T.J. Jones played just 18, and it was Golladay who obviously stole the show for Detroit, catching a pair of fourth-quarter touchdowns to put the Lions ahead and then seal the win. Golden Tate and Marvin Jones will continue to run ahead of Golladay, but the Lions ran the third-highest percentage of 11 personnel last season, so there are plenty of snaps available for Golladay to produce.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Charlie Batch was the EMU QB at the first Zips' game I really remember going to (my dad took me to a few when I was a little kid).  It was Lee Owen's first year as Zips' head football coach.  Lew Lawton (IIRC) ran back the opening kickoff for the Zips.  I remember thinking what a gorgeous pass Charlie Batch threw.  He was so smooth.  

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Mid-American Pipeline has worked well...

“Being from Ohio, I’m proud of the MAC,” said inside linebackers coach Jerry Olsavsky, a Youngstown, Ohio, native. “I’ve seen a lot of players from there. I grew up there. It’s just good football. It’s just like in Florida. Florida’s good football. Texas is good football. Ohio is good football, and that’s really where a lot of MAC schools get their guys from, Cleveland and Cincinnati. There are a lot of good players there.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...