I have an crazy idea

lance99

I have an outright crazy idea:

When Rolling Acres finally closes next year and the City takes over, you will have a ton of land. Here is what I suggest:

An Community College!

Hear me out if it were to get on an countywide ballot, it would pass big! If would help The University Of Akron out because of the credit transfer and how they are redirecting students. Also it would help atrract more people and business to the area.

Any thoughts?

When Rolling Acres finally closes next year and the City takes over, you will have a ton of land. Here is what I suggest:

An Community College!

Hear me out if it were to get on an countywide ballot, it would pass big! If would help The University Of Akron out because of the credit transfer and how they are redirecting students. Also it would help atrract more people and business to the area.

Any thoughts?

I think that is an wonderful idea.

• Haha 1

You want to move Summit College?

What you want is CC's where the money is. Thus Wayne College, MCUC, Lakewood. And don't forget why Rolling Acres failed.

That area might work for a Herzing College or a Fortis College. Brown Mackie. We have no reason to go there.

You want to move Summit College?

What you want is CC's where the money is. Thus Wayne College, MCUC, Lakewood. And don't forget why Rolling Acres failed.

That area might work for a Herzing College or a Fortis College. Brown Mackie. We have no reason to go there.

That would not work IMO

Summit college is great, but an direct pipeline in town would be better. Think like as this: Tri-C is the big boy on the block. Akron could draw more people south on one campus instead of them having three.

You half to look at the big, and long term picture on this one.

That would not work IMO

Summit college is great, but an direct pipeline in town would be better. Think like as this: Tri-C is the big boy on the block. Akron could draw more people south on one campus instead of them having three.

You half to look at the big, and long term picture on this one.

OK, now I'm starting to get it. You're basic point is an direct pipeline is better then a indirect pipeline.

OK, now I'm starting to get it. You're basic point is an direct pipeline is better then a indirect pipeline.

Why not. I do not think that there is an rule against it.

My first question is, you do realize Tri-C has SIX campuses, right?

Second question is, if the regional campus system doesn't work, why do all of the major universities use it? Where do you think those students go to finish their degrees? Main Campus.

And I hope nobody was offended by what I said about the Kenmore/Barberton area. I practically grew up there. But it's just not what it use to be, like most other rust belt cities in the post-industrial era.

And, to tie together what I said about that region and about regional campuses, coming home from the game today I came through Barberton, and lo and behold, there is a Stark State Barberton Campus now.

My first question is, you do realize Tri-C has SIX campuses, right?

Second question is, if the regional campus system doesn't work, why do all of the major universities use it? Where do you think those students go to finish their degrees? Main Campus.

And I hope nobody was offended by what I said about the Kenmore/Barberton area. I practically grew up there. But it's just not what it use to be, like most other rust belt cities in the post-industrial era.

And, to tie together what I said about that region and about regional campuses, coming home from the game today I came through Barberton, and lo and behold, there is a Stark State Barberton Campus now.

To answer your first question, I did not know that they had six now. I was under the impression that they still had three. :wave:

To answer you second question, I said this because of an full feeder system. Not only for education. I believe that if the county did this. It would become the premiere community college in the country in short order(4 years). Also form the athletics side, you could have the feeder system right down the street and not do basically anything to get them.

Are you doing this intentional?

You should get the an vs a right just by pure luck.

Thank you grammar police! You are correct. I am an very bad speller at times. :wave:

• 5 years later...
On 10/2/2013 at 12:22 PM, lance99 said:

An Community College!

Any thoughts?

Well, it was a thought (although it came to pass w/ Stark State in town instead). I guess Akron folk will be getting their Amazon stuff really quick now. Maybe by drone?

https://www.cleveland.com/business/2019/07/amazon-to-open-fulfillment-center-at-former-rolling-acres-mall-in-akron.html

Edited by ZippyRulz

It should be a good boost to the local economy. It's suppose to bring 1500 jobs to Akron with all 1500 employees making at least $15/hr. Also, Amazon does offer programs to help pay for employees higher education so it may lead to a small uptick in Akron's part-time student enrollment. All-in-all I'd say this should be more beneficial to the local economy than a Community College would have been.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...