Game #10: It's Cant Week!

lance99

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its nice to know that Archer had an big run, then fumbles and the Zips got the ball back, but can't watch it. Not on either warner channels (15 and 23)

Can we get two more?

Five wins would be some vindication of Bowden.

Would be disappointed if we didn't get at least one more over UMASS. A win over Toledo to end the season would be great momentum to carry into next season.

Great win Zips. Time to enjoy the win.

That was the first Wagon Wheel I ever got to attend and it was a blast. Tailgating was excellent beforehand as usual, the weather held out, got free hats before the game, my sister was selected as fan of the game (but then my other sister pointed out she was a Can't fan), so he moved over to my third sister and me and had us pick numbers to be the fan of the game and she got it so we were up on the big screen toward the end of the game (she won a t-shirt) and then at the end of the game the cheerleaders were throwing extra t-shirts into the stands and so every other member of our party got one. And then a Zips win to put them alone in fourth (which, sadly, I believe is their highest standing ever since play at Infocision opened - the first year was also two MAC wins and the final win came at the last game of the season). Great day. :)

Should be 4-8 after this year. As strange as it sounds, that's gonna have me really excited going into next year. I think Bowden has us on the upswing, hope the recruits think the same.

I hope so too. I thought of this today; but the thing to note about this season is that we're beating the teams we're supposed to beat. (knock on wood of course UMASS is coming up) whereas last year we were not. We are playing teams that we aren't supposed to stand a chance against, to the last play of the game. This should be a relatively good selling point to recruits because it's Bowden who's gotten us there...just imagine where we're headed in one...two years.

The only thing that can cap off the season is an upset over Toledo. We've been knocking on the upset door all year, it's time to come away with one.

Should be 4-8 after this year. As strange as it sounds, that's gonna have me really excited going into next year. I think Bowden has us on the upswing, hope the recruits think the same.

Not to be a negative nancy, because I feel great about the win and the future, but we really do lose a lot after this season.

The majority of the offensive line, and all but Grice on the D-line. Both have done a great job this year. We also lose all of the secondary as well excluding Bre Ford. Those will be tough units to fill, but I'm confident Bowden & Co. will get it done. We return, IMO, very capable skill players as well as what I think will shape into a great linebacking corp.

Couldn't be more pleased with the defense tonight. Archer nor Durham had a huge impact unlike last year.

Go Zips!! 4 wins coming up. More than the past 3 seasons combined!

Couldn't be more pleased with the defense tonight. Archer nor Durham had a huge impact unlike last year.
Ken+'s qb play made the defensive game plan easy. I was disappointed to see Archer release into his passing routes so easily when lined up in the slot. I'm amazed that his receiving numbers weren't off the charts. Every time that guy was underneath the coverage (which he was a lot) I would have the ball in his hands. I'll give the qb credit for one thing, he stepped up in the pocket to avoid our outside pressure multiple times. I'm disappointed we didn't attack the A and B gaps more often in 3rd and long. Ken+ is a bad team right now. I'm excited for any win over Ken+, but we should have stomped that team.

Ken+'s qb play made the defensive game plan easy. I was disappointed to see Archer release into his passing routes so easily when lined up in the slot. I'm amazed that his receiving numbers weren't off the charts. Every time that guy was underneath the coverage (which he was a lot) I would have the ball in his hands. I'll give the qb credit for one thing, he stepped up in the pocket to avoid our outside pressure multiple times. I'm disappointed we didn't attack the A and B gaps more often in 3rd and long. Ken+ is a bad team right now. I'm excited for any win over Ken+, but we should have stomped that team.

In 2013, giving up seven points is officially stomping someone. The Zips held Can't to their second lowest point total of the year (0 against penn state). It was the perfect game plan for a bad team. Don't give up big plays and watch them self destruct. Teams have been doing it to us for years. It's good to see us get to do it to someone.

Not to be a negative nancy, because I feel great about the win and the future, but we really do lose a lot after this season.

The majority of the offensive line, and all but Grice on the D-line. Both have done a great job this year. We also lose all of the secondary as well excluding Bre Ford. Those will be tough units to fill, but I'm confident Bowden & Co. will get it done. We return, IMO, very capable skill players as well as what I think will shape into a great linebacking corp.

Go Zips!! 4 wins coming up. More than the past 3 seasons combined!

Well, you're just being realistic. On the positive side, we have an experienced QB coming back, which typically goes a long way in football at any level.

Gotta beat UMass, but this year is definitely a success. Two MAC wins, a road win, beating our rival, close games with NIU and Michigan... still a long way to go but this is much, much better than recent years. And yes, an upset over Toledo would be great, but that game shouldn't define the season.

For me this is the biggest win since the "Upset" over Syracuse (I know, there haven't been many wins since then...). We've come close at Michigan and NIU, but when it was clear Can't State was back to their losing ways, this game was a litmus test for where the program is going. For me, Terry has officially got the ship turned beyond 90 deg. from where RI had it going. This should help recruiting as we continue building.

With that said, I was a little frustrated at our scoring aggressiveness late in the game. It seems that if we have the lead in the 4th, Terry is happy to just start running the clock out. If we are within "Chip Shot" range for a FG, we also seem to be as conservative as possible. It worked this time, but has burned us in the past. Thank God Chuck has the D playing so well. I also agree that having the Akron-Can't game early in the year created some great atmosphere! I hope both programs become contenders because the WW game is so much fun where there is a lot on the line! Great win, good time yesterday.