Akron Zips @ Marquette Golden Eagles

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Top Drawer Soccer, Marquette has never won an NCAA tournament game (only two appearances), so no reason to start now. Zips have dealt with bad weather many times before. I think the Zips experience in big games (and Marquette's lack thereof) gets them through this one. On to the sweet sixteen.

Are we talking about the AK-Rowdies when we say no bus trip? Because as of earlier, it sounded like they were having one.

Last I heard, the Rowdies managed to get enough students on board to be able to take a bus trip.

It's difficult to get much interest when the return time is around 4:30 AM Monday morning.

The real challenge for the Zips will be the weather. Temperatures will be around 25 degrees.

You have no idea how cold that sounds right now.

This team has something to prove. This years NCAA tournament is very important for the program. Every win is proof that the NCAA committee has no idea what the hell they're doing.

This team has something to prove. This years NCAA tournament is very important for the program. Every win is proof that the NCAA committee has no idea what the hell they're doing.

I'M LMAO here in 80-something degree Honolulu. Everyone was crying earlier this week, when it went down to 65 overnight! :lol: Wear your long johns and enjoy the trip, Rowdies! And, Go Zips! :wave:

I think the NCAA knows exactly what they are doing……and they are corrupt. It will continue until someone calls them out. I think our seedings in the last 2 years warrant some sort of an appeal. It will not help us this year (our team will take care of that) but hopefully someone, like us, will call these morons out.

I

The AK-ROWDIES are taking a bus with 50+ students on board.

I have tried for a week to contact U of A and this site regarding charter bus with no response. Today the Rowdies has filled one bus and would let us reserve the other one. Had one hour to get 20 people with

no avail so they released the bus. We would have paid the $100 each to go to Milwaukee. This was disappointing that we could not get organized.

game time temp is supposed to be 22

12 mph winds...

making the temp feel like 10 degrees

their stadium only seats 1,600 but their ticket office on Friday said there will be plenty of seats available at the ticket office on Sunday

go, zips....would be fantastic for recruiting to beat both the big ten tourney champ, big ten regular season champ and the big east tourney champ

Marquette lost 2-0 in regular season to Mich. State and 1-0 to wisconsin so they certainly can't say they are uncrowned big 10 champs