2006 FSAE Results

Zipsrifle

Though I don't think the official 2006 Formula SAE results are posted yet, a little surfing dug up a copy. It appears that for the 5th time in the past 10 years the Zips have placed in the top ten in the Formula SAE competition! For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, there are numerous National Engineering Competitions each year. The most prestegious is the Formula SAE competition. To put this in perspective, FSAE is the "College Football" of college engineering competitions. Each year, Universities from across the globe build a race car from scratch and compete over 5 days. The competition used to be just one competition in Detroit each year. Recently, the competition has grown to 6 events held all across the globe. The Detroit competition is still premier event, with well over 100 schools participating. The Zips finished 10th this year, which is quite an accomplishment. Of all the other Ohio schools, you'll find only Toledo at #18 in the top 40. I don't know the detailed results, but I would imagine those will be out shortly. I also don't know a lot about their car, but I've posted a few links below. If you're curious about what this is all about, these will be excellent places to start. Congrats to the team!Akron Site Unofficial top 40....scroll down a little bit.