2014 Recruit?

Devaugntah Williams is interesting. He's a former Canton McKinley player. He's not a pure PG, but another combo guard. He can play the point, but he's more of a scorer than a ball distributor -- similar to Nyles but taller (6-3). There was some discussion on this forum last year about Perry's Jeremiah Jackson. Devaugntah beat out Jeremiah for Federal League Player of the Year in 2011-12. He was also the Canton Rep's Stark County Player of the Year. It would be surprising if the Zips coaching staff didn't have a relationship with him and haven't been tracking his progress in junior college. If the Zips can't get a quality pure PG, Devaugntah might be the next best thing.

The interesting part about the story is on page 2. Apparently Williams went and lived with his cousin for some time. The cousin? Se'von Pittman who is now at Akron and will be playing for the Zips.

Williams and his mother, Melody Simon, agreed to send Williams to live with his cousin, Ohio State-bound defensive end Se’Von Pittman, during Williams’ junior year. That helped set up Williams to move back in with his mother this year and have a positive senior year.

“Se’Von’s mom is really strict,” Williams said. “I had too much freedom my sophomore year and I was making bad choices. Aunt Velvet is strict. She has stayed on me since I was a kid. It’s been good since moving back in with my mom.”

Read more: http://www.cantonrep.com/x1440921588/OUR-S...2#ixzz2pLuv3MGJ

• 4 weeks later...