Appearance

ZN.o goes modern. A few features take a little searching. But overall the site seems to have more features and runs smoother, so the changes are much appreciated. It does seem that there've been fewer new posts made since the change. I wonder if some forum members are holding back on posting due to a lack of familiarity with the new layout?

Miss the "actuive topics" link.

I did too. In fact, Imight have even stop coming because that was just how I used zipsnation. I always came and clicked that to see what was new.

But I have found in the upper right (under teh search bar): the "View New Content" link.

I did too. In fact, Imight have even stop coming because that was just how I used zipsnation. I always came and clicked that to see what was new.

But I have found in the upper right (under teh search bar): the "View New Content" link.

Yep. And if there's too much there, at the very bottom of the page is a link for "Mark Community Read" to clear the active topics, so the next time you click it you'll only see new posts.

Back when I worked up the previous theme .. there were lots of sites with free themes out there. Not sure how it is today.

If I recall, there's an official skins site, and CK would have the ability to log in and download the themes to start with.

You likely want to concentrate on the simple things, like picking a skin that's close, and then making the ZN.O images fit the size set by the theme itself. Then you don't need to go digging around in the CSS or HTML templates .. etc. It becomes an exercise in matching up sizes and then renaming the files.

I'll be happy to help with the install of the base theme whenever it arrives .. but unfortunately I can't pitch in on the images and more time intensive aspects this time.

Go Zips.

Yep. And if there's too much there, at the very bottom of the page is a link for "Mark Community Read" to clear the active topics, so the next time you click it you'll only see new posts.

Does anyone/mods know if there's a way to filter what pops up in the new content section? This is pretty cool, I neevr used it on the old layout. If I could see all new content without the news collector stories, that'd be awesome.