Appearance

Now that I've had a chance to try the new ZN.o on a couple of different computers, I can confirm a problem with Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11 that someone mentioned in another thread. When I hit the quote button to reply to another post, the quoted text doesn't show up in the new post. Also, if I manually copy text from another post, it doesn't show up when pasted in the new post. On a computer with Windows Vista and an older version of Internet Explorer, everything works fine. I've tried changing every option I can find on both ZN.o and IE11 and nothing corrects the problem. This problem did not exist with the old ZN.o or any other forum on which I post, only the new ZN.o. If anyone knows a solution, please share.

The Forum looks great. Big thanks for the owners/moderators for investing the resources and the efforts.
One question though, every time I try to like any comment, I get a message saying that I reached my maximum quote for voting. Is anyone else getting this issue? Thanks.

I am looking into Dave's request with Invision.

Thanks. It appears that the problem is more IE11 than Windows 8.1. The quote you see above was produced in Firefox, which I just installed on my Windows 8.1 computer. With Firefox I can quote posts as well as copy and insert text with no problems.

I finally realized that Internet Explorer, which I've been using forever, was causing other problems such as slow web page loading. I decided against installing Google Chrome as Google has more tracking features than the federal government and is becoming way too intrusive in our lives. Firefox is a non-commercial product that gives users the most control over maintaining their privacy. In other words, it caters to users more than advertisers. In addition to correcting the new ZN.o quote/text paste problems, Firefox loads websites significantly faster and is making my internet experience much, much better.

Thanks. It appears that the problem is more IE11 than Windows 8.1. The quote you see above was produced in Firefox, which I just installed on my Windows 8.1 computer. With Firefox I can quote posts as well as copy and insert text with no problems.

I finally realized that Internet Explorer, which I've been using forever, was causing other problems such as slow web page loading. I decided against installing Google Chrome as Google has more tracking features than the federal government and is becoming way too intrusive in our lives. Firefox is a non-commercial product that gives users the most control over maintaining their privacy. In other words, it caters to users more than advertisers. In addition to correcting the new ZN.o quote/text paste problems, Firefox loads websites significantly faster and is making my internet experience much, much better.

I told you the problem was Internet Exploder. Nothing but bloat!

The scary part is that DIG really believes that is true! :eek:;)

If you read the IT websites every day like I do, you'd have a better idea of the full scope of data that Google mines about you without your knowledge or permission. But you don't have to believe me. Here's one small article on one part of the problem from your good friends at Fox News:

Google fights for right to read your private emails

i'm shocked this many people use internet explorer. As for Chrome, I've resigned myself to the fact that their mining my info. Oh well. Google Now tells me everything about my life now, and it's kind of cool. When I'm traveling, it pulls all my plans from my emails and gives me info on my flights, destinations, hotels, etc.. It's really great to be honest.

Using all the Google services works great for those who are willing to share that much private information with one megacorporation. Those who prefer not to have so much personal data aggregated under the control of a single entity are better served by spreading things around. For example, Firefox is every bit as fast and usable as Chrome but with better privacy features. Combine that with e-mail and search engines from other providers and no single entity will have as much access to so much personal information about you. Different people have different priorities and one size doesn't fit all. Some don't trust big government, some don't trust big business, some don't trust either and some have no problems with either. It pays for each of us to be aware of as many facts as possible so that we can make the most informed decisions to suit our personal priorities.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...