New Uniforms Coming

Blue & Gold

I noticed the Under Armour logo too. But if you look there is another logo, DVSport Software. I believe they make software for football teams to break down game film and plays. Chances are the football team uses it and the company threw in some free gear for coach. If the Zips were switching to Under Armour we would have heard about a new apparel contract way before any of the teams got new gear.

If anything I'd like to see the Zips switch to Nike across all sports. Easily the best manufacturer in NCAA.

^^ Well that didn't work. I tried to post a picture of the new helmets.

They're chrome-gold w/ a larger Z logo on the side. No white; all gold & navy blue (or black; I can't tell by the picture).

Edit: Looking closely at the picture, it looks to me as though the Z logo is outlined in black, while the facemask is a deep, metallic blue.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201022126989821&set=a.1359190514271.47046.1666796213&type=1&theater

There, try that link.

^^ Well that didn't work. I tried to post a picture of the new helmets.

They're chrome-gold w/ a larger Z logo on the side. No white; all gold & navy blue (or black; I can't tell by the picture).

Edit: Looking closely at the picture, it looks to me as though the Z logo is outlined in black, while the facemask is a deep, metallic blue.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201022126989821&set=a.1359190514271.47046.1666796213&type=1&theater

There, try that link.

Link isn't working for me. I am very interested to see the picture. Where did you come across it?

So I'm guessing it looks more like Washington

helmethuskies.jpg

Matte used to be the big trend, now teams are moving more towards chrome. I mean it's fine. But not really unique anymore. Last season there were about 20 or so teams that used chrome/gold helmets at some point in the season. The main problem is teams use chrome logos too. In the sun they are almost impossible to see.

Really hope there isn't any black...

Darn it! When you see a picture, download it! I'm not sure how I feel about chrome gold...I don't feel like that chrome gold is OUR chrome gold... :(

But I'll take it from you guys that it looks nice

I'm sorry! Lol. I did download it & tried posting it here but all I can get ZN.o to do is give me a blue question mark. I posted it to my Facebook page - look for Robert Cochran.

https://www.facebook.com/robert.cochran.399

There you go.

Thank you, Good Doctor! It required someone who's not inept. :wave:

Anytime. Thanks for posting it. Exciting....in March no less.

Would you guys agree that the face mask looks to be dark blue while the logo looks black?

I would not trust that this photo is properly white balanced. Properly lighting a reflective surface (the gold) can be tricky. There looks to be some post processing done (phone app). The logo could very well be something other than black. If you take some quick color readings (considering the quality of the image), parts of the logo measure the same as the dark spots on the face mask, so it could very well be dark blue. That being said, I'm happy to see a quick photo, rather than no photo. I would bet the players are excited about this.

newhelmet_sm.jpg

Increasing the exposure on just the "Z" show hints that there could possible be some cyan (blue) in there.

Again, realize due to the image, I'm dealing with very few pixels, so what you see is by no means accurate...but it might be close. ;)

newhelmet_sm_ex.jpg

• Like 1