New Uniforms Coming

Blue & Gold

Here you go. I posted it to my Facebook page & changed the above link to take you there. ^^^

Thanks, B&G! I only have one small complaint about the new unis. I wish the numbers would stay with the current font. Other than that, I like them.

1496659_10203344287918285_1618460502_n.j

I wonder what K.e.n.t. is doing? Pee-yellow and blue. Stupid K-bird logo? Same as always?

This is one way we can separate ourselves from Ohio State a bit. They are tied to tradition. We don't have much tradition, so we can get as aesthetically creative as our budget allows. That's a good niche.

I like the new stuff. Nice job UA Marketing. Keep it up.

I'm not sure how I feel about these new uniforms...but whatever that opinion is, it will grow depending upon if they win or not. If we're winning, I think we will all come to love the new uniforms. If we're losing, I think we'll come to hate them just as much as the other uniforms.

My biggest criticisms are:

1. The numbers don't match the "Akron" font we've already established...it would have been nice for them to stay the same.

2. What's the point of sending out a survey about the UA "branding" when you've already made the decision to move the Z logo to the primary spot. I like the Z, but now I feel like we're over using it.

Pros:

1. They do look fresh, and they don't look slopped together like last year's "additons"

2. Encorporated the Roo back into the shoulder of the Jersey...BIG plus.

3. Hopefully this means that those $5 jerseys we can buy as season ticket holders will be like this.

And can we make a judgment whether those are black or navy jerseys? I hope to god that they're navy.

Definitely Navy Blue. Looking at the jersey color itself from the other pictures posted it is very clearly Navy Blue. The flash seems to have skewed the color a bit, however I'd imagine since they both look black on the design board...more than likely they're both the same as the Jersey...Navy Blue.

The uniforms do look better than I expected. A few tweaks could really improve it. Bring back the "Akron" font and switch the shoulder logos to the A-Roo. It does seem odd they would switch to a different number font. We already have a unique font that spans all sports, now the football team looks out of place.

Curious to see what the other color combinations would be. Hopefully blue, white, and gold pant options. Really liked the all-white look from last season.

So when did we change our colors to black and khaki?

I think right after they changed them to grey and white and then black and white. I think eventually they might cycle back around to blue and gold, though. I hear what you are saying. I hope the people making the uniform decisions wake up and make the colors the right hues of blue and gold and keep the "Akron" font.

To be fair guys...look at the picture (not the board) of the jersey sitting on the table with the helmet. It's CLEARLY navy blue Everyone need to chill out, they are going to be navy blue with gold. The question is; will the number be our font or not.

Did anyone else notice the little gold tank on the back collar? Nice touch!

We should all reserve judgement until actual photos of the uniform surface. Right now all we have is a base design illustrated by either UA or Adidas, which has been photographed with a cellphone camera. The colors aren't going to look accurate.

Did anyone else notice the little gold tank on the back collar? Nice touch!

We should all reserve judgement until actual photos of the uniform surface. Right now all we have is a base design illustrated by either UA or Adidas, which has been photographed with a cellphone camera. The colors aren't going to look accurate.

I just noticed the Tank when I took a second look at them. I was gonna mention it but it look like you beat me to it. Certainly a nice touch there.

I understand why they are doing this and it is not as bad as I feared it would be. The helmet design looks pretty cool. I am just not a fan of the 'Z' logo as more than a secondary logo. I prefer a logo that represents Akron and not just the nickname. Still, its better than when somebody like Michigan State wore those helmets with the big S on the side for State.

• Like 1

Western Michigan used that font last year, in my opinion it looks terrible in action.

I love the helmet and the use of the Z though.

niu-wmu-unis1.jpgThos

Those WMU jerseys were the first thing I thought of too when I saw the new jerseys but it looks like our font might be slightly different (and easier to read in game action).