New Uniforms Coming

Blue & Gold

Worse yet...a marketing campaign with the slogan, "Come watch Akron play and catch some Z's."

Hold on,

That might work as a marketing gimmick! Watch one half, then have 30,000 for the worlds largest nap time for an hour! :wave:

New uniforms to wear for great home games against Savannah St (9/19/2015) and VMI (9/1/2016)

UA should let Season ticket holders bring their own bottle to the game to help sit through that.

Totally disagree. Coming to the Info and watching the Zips get thrashed 17-56 vs. Temple, 14-50 vs. Northern, 10-56 vs. Western, 3-41 vs. Temple, and 3-35 vs. Can't was hard to sit through.

This was not hard to sit though:

Sit back and enjoy the boys get a tune up and build confidence before conference play starts!

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/TerryBowden/status/455115622423093248

Coach Bowden tweeted a clearly photoshopped pic of a new helmet. It's like the inverse of the gold chrome ones. Matte blue with a golden Z sticker. I like this one a lot. They probably haven't had the stickers made yet, so a photoshop is all we're getting for now.

BlDlPwACAAAYw3m.jpg

https://twitter.com/TerryBowden/status/455115622423093248

Coach Bowden tweeted a clearly photoshopped pic of a new helmet. It's like the inverse of the gold chrome ones. Matte blue with a golden Z sticker. I like this one a lot. They probably haven't had the stickers made yet, so a photoshop is all we're getting for now.

BlDlPwACAAAYw3m.jpg

Best helmet I've ever seen, anywhere. Although I might be slightly biased towards Akron.

Have to think the Zips can't afford 2 different helmets for this season. If I had to guess they are still playing around with different ideas before they decide on a final. Which is probably why coach is tweeting out photos. To gauge fan reaction.

I have a feeling we'll see a new home/alternate uniform and one new helmet which would be worn all season.

I like the matte blue, but would pair it will the metallic gold facemask.

Have to think the Zips can't afford 2 different helmets for this season. If I had to guess they are still playing around with different ideas before they decide on a final. Which is probably why coach is tweeting out photos. To gauge fan reaction.

I have a feeling we'll see a new home/alternate uniform and one new helmet which would be worn all season.

I like the matte blue, but would pair it will the metallic gold facemask.

Not sure about that.. We already have one set to re-paint. It would just be one new set

https://twitter.com/CoryMorrow33/status/456128226654707712

Here's another photoshopped picture of what at least one of the jerseys will look like next season.

I dont like it. Maybe it woulk better if was an actual jersey.

After reading the comments of the other tweeters I have arrived at one conclusion: Love the Akron type face (hint, it's the SAME font as the logos), Still hate the non-Akron font numbers, don't actually mind the Roo on the sleeve. Actually I think I now LOVE the "Fear the Roo" on the shoulder inspite of the ass-hats who said that the Roo was a stupid thing. You've got to be what you are IMO, and we are the Zips...we are Roos...let's represent it!

Lance, Keener...I think we all are somewhat disappointed in the new uniforms (or at least the direction that they are heading...but I think we can all agree that it doesn't matter what the team looks like, so long as they win! Besides, if they win in those uniforms, especially in (hopefully) some big games, we'll come to love them!

• 1 month later...