New Uniforms Coming

Blue & Gold

I knew when they sent out the "survey" about branding, that it was geared to have the marketing shifted towards the "Z". I don't have a problem with having the Z present on some things...but c'mon marketing department...we're the A-KRON, ZIPS....the A-Roo represents the best parts of both our school name and Mascot. The Z is best as a secondary logo PERIOD>

• Like 1

I knew when they sent out the "survey" about branding, that it was geared to have the marketing shifted towards the "Z". I don't have a problem with having the Z present on some things...but c'mon marketing department...we're the A-KRON, ZIPS....the A-Roo represents the best parts of both our school name and Mascot. The Z is best as a secondary logo PERIOD>

Just to throw my 2 cents in, I never much cared for the A-Roo logo. I thought the "A" barely looked like an "A" - especially from a distance, and Zippy looked like a donkey. I much prefer the "Z" logo. I lift in my black Zeke Marshall "Z" t-shirt all the time; probably the most bad-@ss shirt I've got. I love it.

Just to throw my 2 cents in, I never much cared for the A-Roo logo. I thought the "A" barely looked like an "A" - especially from a distance, and Zippy looked like a donkey. I much prefer the "Z" logo. I lift in my black Zeke Marshall "Z" t-shirt all the time; probably the most bad-@ss shirt I've got. I love it.

From a branding standpoint, most teams/schools use a initial taken from the location and not nickname. Oregon (O), Nebraska (N), Green Bay (G), etc, etc. Honestly I think if any school were to break the rule it could be us. The Z is so unique that it really can't be confused with any other school. The ARoo is fine but I've also had people call it a horse or donkey. The problem is consistency. Keep the same logo so it becomes iconic. Way too many schools have fallen into the trap of switching helmets every season. Having a different logo on it every season doesn't help build a brand.

Bingo, zippy5. Looking nice may be in the eye of the beholder, so there will always be mixed feelings about the look of the Z. But there's no denying that the Z is simple and unique. When looking for an identity symbol, those are the two most important factors for immediate recognition. Quick views on TV or long views from the cheap seats don't allow easy interpretation of complex images that look like an inkblot (Rorschach) test,

Bingo, zippy5. Looking nice may be in the eye of the beholder, so there will always be mixed feelings about the look of the Z. But there's no denying that the Z is simple and unique. When looking for an identity symbol, those are the two most important factors for immediate recognition. Quick views on TV or long views from the cheap seats don't allow easy interpretation of complex images that look like an inkblot (Rorschach) test,

Yep. What are the most iconic logos? Probably the Bama "A", the Auburn "UA", the OSU Block O, Script UCLA, Oregon "O", Georgia's "G" ... Really the only famous logos I can think of right now are the Florida Gator and the FSU Seminole, maybe Clemson's paw, and they have a little more tradition than us.

I like the 2014 Z. It's positioned better than last year's Z and the white option will look nice (to recruits I hope). Zippy on the A-roo logo looked like a deer to me, although the donkey comment is applicable (and made me laugh). I think Zippy is great and all, but just not on our helmets.

Yep. What are the most iconic logos? Probably the Bama "A", the Auburn "UA", the OSU Block O, Script UCLA, Oregon "O", Georgia's "G" ... Really the only famous logos I can think of right now are the Florida Gator and the FSU Seminole, maybe Clemson's paw, and they have a little more tradition than us.

The USC Trojan, Iowa Hawkeye and Michigan State Spartan also come to mind.

You'll never make tradition if you keep changing your primary logos.

Take a look at the progression of Boise St helmets in the link below (you'll have to click on "Mountain West" on the left):

Helmet Project - Mountain West

It looks to me like the Broncos couldn't settle on a theme, a common situation for mid-major football programs. Once they started winning, the changes became less drastic. Tradition is probably not the best word to describe Boise State's fairly recent string of success, but I'd be pretty happy with even a somewhat less impressive stretch out of the Zips (assuming we are at least winning of course) during the Z-logo period.

One could argue that it was associated with the greatest moment in Zips football.

I loved that moment. I was there to witness it live and it still gives me chills. Again, unfortunately, that moment stands out because it's been so rare over the decades. When your team's greatest moment comes in a 7-6 season, it simply verifies the lack of winning tradition.

I think we should have the "Z" logo,but add a hot girl riding the Z. Similar to how WWII bombers used to be painted. Each helmet could have a naughty little saying as well to distract the other team from the game. We could have a contest where the sayings were submitted to the Athletic Department.

Too much going on in the a-roo logo.. The Z is simple, it's unique, and it looks pretty nice.

Bingo, zippy5. Looking nice may be in the eye of the beholder, so there will always be mixed feelings about the look of the Z. But there's no denying that the Z is simple and unique. When looking for an identity symbol, those are the two most important factors for immediate recognition. Quick views on TV or long views from the cheap seats don't allow easy interpretation of complex images that look like an inkblot (Rorschach) test.

+1 & +1. A-Roo is good for the football field, basketball court, fan gear, etc. - the simple but snazzy Z looks better on the helmets.