New Uniforms Coming

Blue & Gold

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like it will be the black jerseys this week, in honor of Coach Tank whose birthday is this week.

Cool patch, but I'm not sure it has to be on black.

I like the handling of the uniforms this year. The helmets looked nice with all the reflections from the sun on Saturday.

BTW, not that we don't rotate a lot of players in and out, but can we get something to keep the helmets on the players head? I lost track of how many Akron players had to come out of the game because they lost there lid on Saturday.

BTW, not that we don't rotate a lot of players in and out, but can we get something to keep the helmets on the players head?

They are called "chin straps". One of the things about changing a part of the uniform critical to the safety of the players is a lack of proper fitting of all of the parts of the helmet. Maybe some extra time spent with the guys properly fitting their alternative uniforms might be in order. Shouldn't neglect player safety for a fashion statement.

I'll take the win over anything. The players could have had playsheets shoved down the front of their pants as long as we won.

But, I must comment how much fun it was watching the Purdue Zips defeat EMU at The University of Akron. Nice branding! #BoilermakerZipsGameDay

I suggest Red and Grey with chrome grey helmets might be a better choice for recruiting and drawing fans in O H I O if you want to look like some other team so that casual fans won't realize you're the Akron Zips. Don't forget the weed stickers. Those are the real kickers for this look.

Love the chrome helmets. Hate the black unis. Could have done the same look with dark blue.

Loved the unis! For those who like to spend time discussing minor details, the 'Z' looked black to me yesterday. Different than the blue of the week before. Guessing the black Z gets broken out for the alt uniforms.

Yeah, they have both blue and black decals to switch out depending on what uniforms they were that game.

• 1 month later...

Too bad Akron can't come up with alternate uniforms like Oregon and Oregon State --- using variations of their schools' colors rather than black, even if black always seems appropriate for Zips Football --- mourning another season.

Too bad Akron can't come up with alternate uniforms like Oregon and Oregon State --- using variations of their schools' colors rather than black

Absolutely. The black is awful if you are not going to incorporate our real colors along with it. We look like Army.

Plus, as I keep saying to anyone who will listen.......We can't even get our fans to wear Blue and Gold. So, Good Luck getting them to wear black when you ask them to.

FIFY.

I brought it up again because in retrospect, attitude has a lot to do with performance. In my opinion, the black uniforms (football, basketball, etc.) encourage poor attitude. Akron's colors are blue & gold. Our players should be proud to wear our blue & gold.

I admit, in the end, black was appropriate for this season ... another season of mourning Akron Football.

In my opinion, the black uniforms encourage poor attitude.

Only the "we are going to confuse PSU by wearing white" post made me laugh more in this thread. Hard to believe nobody posted that the flashy gold helmets got us the win at Heinz field because the reflection of the sun got in the eyes of the defenders.

• Like 2

I can tell you that the black and gold unis were one of few things this season that caught the attention of recruits ........ Several recruits that my son met and twitter with along with his current team family raved about how "tight" those uniforms and helmet are ........... Not arguing your point, but just giving a perspective

Hell I wouldn't care I they wore pink, as long as the play on the field was up to the potential

Just sayin ......... OK maybe not pink, but you get the point

• Like 1