New Uniforms Coming

Blue & Gold

16 hours ago, g-mann17 said:

If they are going throwback, I Imagine it will be a tribute to Jason Taylor, so it will be the Motion A, Running A Logo from his teams.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! The moving A with the mustard yellow was tacky, lame, and Div. II. Now that we have real uniforms and logos, why dredge up bad memories of when we didn't?  If they want to honor JT, just put a dolphin sticker on the helmets.

Edited by ZippyRulz
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, g-mann17 said:

If they are going throwback, I Imagine it will be a tribute to Jason Taylor, so it will be the Motion A, Running A Logo from his teams.

That would be cool. A nice tip-of-the-hat to Jayson, and the Zips of that era who bought in to UA football when there was a decrepit 50 year old WPA stadium and no indoor training facility. 

I remember a nice Beacon column 20 years ago that had JT and a couple other Zips walking past a corn field somewhere in central Ohio to the fields where they held summer camp. You couldn't imagine that today, but you couldn't hold a decent camp in Akron at the time. JT's head must spin when he sees what amenities today's student athletes enjoy. The only thing that's stayed consistent oner the years is the crowd size.☹️

The "Moving A" rules! Long overdue to make a return! Do it, UA! 

Do do we let Ulysses Gilbert don the "33" for the game? That would be cool.

17 hours ago, g-mann17 said:

For technical clarification, my old man memory is pretty sure we called that the "Moving A"

Side Note:  Several of the guys I know from those teams have it tattooed on them.  Although I have no tattoos, I think that's a nice display of pride and commitment to being a Zip.  Maybe some of that is lacking today.    

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20378626/more-100-teams-covered-uni-watch-2017-college-football-preview#mac

• No photos yet, but lots of news for Akron. First, the Zips will be adding a new set of gold pants to the mix. Second, expect some new helmet looks, as the team mixes and matches shell colors, face mask colors and side logos. Third, the homecoming game -- Oct. 7 against Ball State -- will once again feature a throwback helmet but not the one that was worn for last year's homecoming. Fourth, Senior Night -- Nov. 21 against Kent State -- will once again feature the team's "full roo" helmet logo, but with a different helmet color than the gold shell that was used last season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not really uniforms....but it hauls the uniforms

Edited by zipsoutsider
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Balsy said:

I suppose this is cutting edge and makes us stand out...how many other schools are doing it?  (...Some will be jumping on the bandwagon)...

I'm not sure I like the look though.  Am I the only one?

I'm not a huge fan of how it looks either.

I do love how we are trying to innovate and not just jump on a trend though.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

I was gonna say that I'll bet the kids love it. I retweeted it & Devanier Floyd almost immediately "Liked" the retweet.

But a bit later Zips Equipment tweeted that it's not going to be used in-game; just a recruiting tool.

Hardly a recruiting tool if it's not going to be used in-game. I'm not a huge fan of the look of it, mostly because it looks off-center to me. 

Why can't it be used in-game? 

On 8/26/2017 at 4:24 PM, K92 said:

My guess is that Iowa State's unis look like Southern Cal's?

I think that is over.  Iowa State didn't wear its traditional uniform at all last season ("the Trojan is dead").  And Nike is developing brand new uniforms for next season.  I'll post about it in an Iowa State thread when we know something definitive, but I'm predicting that it will include a black uniform, hopefully to be used in our game with the Team Out East whose colors are dirt and urine.  

36 minutes ago, Cykron said:

I think that is over.  Iowa State didn't wear its traditional uniform at all last season ("the Trojan is dead").  And Nike is developing brand new uniforms for next season.  I'll post about it in an Iowa State thread when we know something definitive, but I'm predicting that it will include a black uniform, hopefully to be used in our game with the Team Out East whose colors are dirt and urine.  

Uncanny resemblance to our rival, Can't State. Both Iowa and Can't are located to the east of Iowa State/Akron, and both Iowa and Can't have pee-yellow in their color scheme. 

It's like you were meant to be a part-time Akron fan!

• Thanks 1