New Uniforms Coming

Blue & Gold

22 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Uncanny resemblance to our rival, Can't State. Both Iowa and Can't are located to the east of Iowa State/Akron, and both Iowa and Can't have pee-yellow in their color scheme. 

It's like you were meant to be a part-time Akron fan!

I'm much more than just a part-time Zips fan.  I'm probably just a few hours per week (or a few weeks per year) short of being full-time!   :champs:

Edited by Cykron

On 1/13/2018 at 1:15 PM, Blue & Gold said:

I was gonna say that I'll bet the kids love it. I retweeted it & Devanier Floyd almost immediately "Liked" the retweet.

But a bit later Zips Equipment tweeted that it's not going to be used in-game; just a recruiting tool.

In 2015 the NCAA put strict guidelines on which types of facemasks are allowed to be worn.

cages2.png

A lot of schools pay around with fun designs, but they are only allowed for show.

BrKQ9maCMAEuuTT.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Pretty excited to be finally switching to Nike. Seems long overdue and all teams should have made the switch along with the basketball team. I know Caleb Porter preferred Adidas, but Nike is the best. We won't get special treatment like Oregon or OSU, but it will be much better. I'm excited to get my hands on some new gear and see the new uniforms. 

• 1 month later...

I like them. Clean.  I don't want them to do much to them.  I love our uniforms.

They removed the AKRON font from the front & added the Fear the Roo head.  I'm alright with that, though I do like Akron on the front of the jersey.  Last year our jersey AKRON font was different than the script AKRON font on our helmets.

Looks like there are numbers on the shoulders.

Edited by Blue & Gold

So this year our colors are dark dark blue and white? But the schedule has dark blue and old gold. 

It's like a perpetual identity crisis.

• Like 1

I think they are a waste of money. At the Boise Famous Potato Bowl Trevor Maddox called our white uni's the best in college football. I agree. if it ain't broke , don't fix it. Spend the money on promotions instead. BTW, the Fear the Roc logo is too small to see from the stands or on TV so why have it. A waste of $ when we are short on it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

We switched from Adidas to Nike. There wasn't any choice but to get new uniforms. I don't care enough to look it up, but I would assume they pay us to wear their gear.

I have serious doubts about them paying us to wear their stuff.

When it comes to football, we could probably make more money getting athletic wear companies to pay us not to wear their stuff.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think the cursive "Akron" is the worst. Not sure why it's basically being used as a primary logo now across all sports. It's boring and generic. Especially when we already have two very cool unique logos that are almost never used anymore. 

Edited by akzipper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1