New Uniforms Coming

Blue & Gold

1 hour ago, akzipper said:

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think the cursive "Akron" is the worst. Not sure why it's basically being used as a primary logo now across all sports. It's boring and generic. Especially when we already have two very cool unique logos that are almost never used anymore. 

Fully agree! We have the Roo and the Z, which are completely ownable. No one in the country has either one (maybe). Half the teams in the country use a form of the Ole Miss script. As a graphic designer, it drives me nuts.

• Like 1

I can’t argue with a graphic designer. Lol. But I love the script Akron. I think it’s classic looking. But I’m getting old, so there’s that. 😂 

But I don’t want to see us permanently replace the Z logo on the helmet. I love that look.

Edited by Blue & Gold

1 hour ago, 3rd&twenty said:

Fully agree! We have the Roo and the Z, which are completely ownable. No one in the country has either one (maybe). Half the teams in the country use a form of the Ole Miss script. As a graphic designer, it drives me nuts.

Glad there's another graphic designer on here! I'm not surprised that our minds think the same way. The Akron cursive script is literally a generic wordmark pulled from the Nike uniform catalog. The basketball team started using it and everyone else followed. It's disappointing. Not only have they ditched a great logoset, but the custom Akron font isn't even used on the new jerseys. Just a generic block font.

Someone in the marketing department needs to get the school's branding back on track. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, akzipper said:

Someone in the marketing department needs to get the school's branding back on track. 

What marketing department?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

I can’t argue with a graphic designer. Lol. But I love the script Akron. I think it’s classic looking. But I’m getting old, so there’s that. 😂 

But I don’t want to see us permanently replace the Z logo on the helmet. I love that look.

Showing your age Blue and Gold.  Time to ditch the cursive bullshit.  Old and dead and makes us look that way.  Ask your grandkids to write something in cursive.  They don't teach it anymore.

• Haha 1

I do not care much about the uniforms.  I care more about getting good recruits and having great coaching on the offensive and defensive sides of the ball resulting in 5-6 wins this year.  Let's get the people at the games to view a good product and then move forward to multiple bowl seasons.  Look at the roster, most of them are freshman and sophomores.  I am looking forward to very good seasons in the upcoming years.  

• Like 1