New Uniforms Coming

Blue & Gold

The Browns lost at Pitt by 3 and then beat them at home by 21. I think they've proven they can take them down.

Proven? MAC HOF BR7 is 17-2 all time against the Browns. Is there another QB that has ever dominated a team the way he has?

I've always said you have to be some kind of fan to root for the Browns AND the Zips. I'm lucky not to be in that boat.

That's why I don't get excited about uniforms. They don't soothe the sting of losing. I'll drive to Detroit to watch the Zips play in the MACCG wearing burlap uniforms and be happy.

I agree. IF, and this is a big if, we had cool logos and uniforms, AND we could actually purchase like appeal to support our team we love, I would be more engaged. But since that isn't the case, I'm with you. I actually dislike about every teams apparel that I root for.

My wife just bought me a new shirt from here that I kind of like. I wish they did Akron stuff. Keener might like this one.

And my point is, that it's beyond sad for anyone to trash talk the browns. We get it, expansion teams tend suck... and there are a lot of reasons why they do. Just taking a dump on the browns whenever you can is equally pathetic. Just my opinion.

Beyond sad because it's so easy? The sad part is Browns fans who keep shelling out money year after year buying 'hope' and not demanding real progress. New uni's = more hope and diversion. How about the buffoons in Berea concentrate on the freakin' draft and getting it right for once in about 50 years.

It's not just that an expansion team sucks, the Browns have sucked for about 50 years. Yeah, they had a few close calls, but where's the SuperBowl appearance?

And my point is, that it's beyond sad for anyone to trash talk the browns. We get it, expansion teams tend suck... and there are a lot of reasons why they do. Just taking a dump on the browns whenever you can is equally pathetic. Just my opinion.

This is talking trash, trash that is equally (if not more) pathetic. It's like beating up on someone who's already knocked out...not cool. Also assuming the Browns are NEVER EVER going to make the playoffs is just stupid.

Snarky comments, warrant equally snarky replies. :D

Find another thread where I trash talk the Browns. I truly do not care about pro football. I have no dog in this fight and my comments were more about the dumbass uniforms than they were about the actual team. I never referred to the Browns as the Clowns. You called the Steelers the Squeelers.

I'm done on this subject. I realize it's the off season, but wow. . .we are arguing about nothing. However, since the Squeelers were mentioned, I will contribute one of my favorite songs of all time as a closing peace offering of good will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYqqj90pO4g

I truly do not care about pro football. I have no dog in this fight and my comments were more about the dumbass uniforms than they were about the actual team.

I'm done on this subject.

You were the one who brought it up. If you don't want to talk about it, don't bring it up. And no, you made a comment directed at Browns fans by saying:

Enjoy the euphoria surrounding the new unis, Browns fans. I hope they still make you happy in December when the Browns miss the playoffs. Again.

That's less about Unis, and more trying to make a dig at Browns fans.

You were the one who brought it up. If you don't want to talk about it, don't bring it up. And no, you made a comment directed at Browns fans by saying:

That's less about Unis, and more trying to make a dig at Browns fans.

You are wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Of all the MAC images shown, the one that jumped out at me was not a uniform but a field design. I really like the new NIU field design with the outline of the state of Illinois and a star where NIU is geographically located. Something like that may have been done elsewhere but I don't recall having previously seen it. I can picture a Zips field with an outline of the state of Ohio and a big Z.

15field_skippattern_lg.jpg

Of all the MAC images shown, the one that jumped out at me was not a uniform but a field design. I really like the new NIU field design with the outline of the state of Illinois and a star where NIU is geographically located. Something like that may have been done elsewhere but I don't recall having previously seen it. I can picture a Zips field with an outline of the state of Ohio and a big Z.

15field_skippattern_lg.jpg

Or how about "Team Ohio" ;)

I was thinking more along the lines of Akron taking ownership of the Ohio football image the way NIU is sticking it to the bigger teams in Illinois. But if everyone thinks Akron should duck any association with the state in which it's located, how about an outline of the city map of Akron? That would likely show up on all the college football trivia lists right up there with the Zips nickname and kangaroo mascot. :lol:

• Like 1

Akron is in Ohio. This is true. I don't think we need the outline of the state on anything. It's silly to me. Of what benefit is state branding? Who would care about it? Do you really think the residents of Illinois really give two squirts about the shape of the state being on NIUs field? Will one more person attend a game because of it? Will one more athlete commit to the program because of it? Will one more student enroll because of it? It is nothing but "me too" nonsense to me. I don't know. Like I said, I don't get it. Do you think the Browns could gain an advantage over the Bengals if they would put the outline of the state on their field?

Not trying to be an asshole, but it really turns me off.