CiT First Round: Akron @ IPFW Mastadons

GJGood

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All year long: Bad foul shooting or inadequate guard play or both. This game and season is OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yep, I am turning off the feed, out to the hot tub to take my mind off of a rather crappy season. Please God give us some guards that can stroke the ball unlike the mess we have out there now. Oh and please a point guard drop from the sky that has some sort of offensive ability next year.

I want to say that we're better than this. But at this juncture, maybe we just aren't. I've become accustomed to a certain level of Akron Zips Basketball and this just isn't it. I certainly understand that teams encounter adversity throughout a season, but to put up this sort of defensive effort with the season on the line? I don't really know what to say about that. It's not like they were intimidated by the atmosphere of all 2,000 people there or anything...

Well that was downright pathetic. No polite way to put it. No excuse to lose to a team 99% of us have never heard of. They aren't any better than a mid-level MAC team. I have trouble believing we were ready to play this game with that defensive effort. Seemed like they got almost every loose ball as well. Hate to see Q go out with a disappointing loss. Good luck to him in whatever he decides to pursue. This season would have been a lot uglier without him.

Bring on football season.

I want to say that we're better than this. But at this juncture, maybe we just aren't. I've become accustomed to a certain level of Akron Zips Basketball and this just isn't it. I certainly understand that teams encounter adversity throughout a season, but to put up this sort of defensive effort with the season on the line? I don't really know what to say about that. It's not like they were intimidated by the atmosphere of all 2,000 people there or anything...

This is exactly who this team is and has been for years. There was a post the other day from Ada Zip that pointed this out. This team gets to the tournament and loses....doesn't matter which tournament. They've been to what eight post-season tourneys and in the KD era and won 2 games. We should just expect it at this point.

Absolutely disgusting. At some point folks this has to fall on Dambrot. This was absolutely, without doubt, an absolute embarrassment.

What a wonderful way to end such a wonderful season. I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach watching the St. Marys game at 2am.

Bring on football ASAP.

Pat Forsythe needs to either hit the gym or develop some quickness. He spent all season getting pushed around or losing position under the basket. He's not strong enough to play Center, and not fast enough to be a PF. He needs to pick a position and get in the right condition to play it.

Pat Forsythe needs to either hit the gym or develop some quickness. He spent all season getting pushed around or losing position under the basket. He's not strong enough to play Center, and not fast enough to be a PF. He needs to pick a position and get in the right condition to play it.

remember when we were excited about him? Yikes.

Diggs with his 1000 point.

Not too far from hitting 1,000 in a Zips uniform too. Good for him. Congrats. He certainly gave it all for Akron Basketball. He played big in a lot of big games for this school. Contributed a lot tonight too. Makes me think back to when we played Notre Dame in the tournament when Q had a great game and wasn't intimidated in the least. Heart of a lion.

Not too far from hitting 1,000 in a Zips uniform too. Good for him. Congrats. He certainly gave it all for Akron Basketball. He played big in a lot of big games for this school. Contributed a lot tonight too. Makes me think back to when we played Notre Dame in the tournament when Q had a great game and wasn't intimidated in the least. Heart of a lion.

SALUTE!!!

Dambrot needs to step up his game this off season.

Specifically, he needs to develop what players he has coming back better than he has in the past. Big leap forward for the returning players, not baby steps. The answer isn't finding the savior JUCO player. It's player development, player development, player development.