Jim Christian leaving Athens?

GJGood

I hope Ohio finds a competent enough coach to still be competitive in the MAC. We need our "top" programs to remain good, and everyone continue to improve. Though I will be looking forward to KD breaking in a new coach. Hopefully we can say goodbye to the 36-36 stalemate between our two programs and claim our rightful place on top of the "rivalry".

Time for Jeff Boals to get his first HC job.

I agree and this presents an interesting case. At this point, is Jim Christian or Jeff Boals a better candidate for a school like BC. My guess is BC is looking for someone with head coaching experience. Experience aside, would Boals be the better coach? Christian presents less of a risk for an AD but Boals has more recent, relevant experience to me.

Stan Heath is available.

:rofl:

I think I would be surprised this time if Boals didn't get a call of interest from his Alma Mater. If not, maybe he's just not getting looked at by people as head coaching material. After all, he's been a D-1 assistant for an awfully long time now. You'd maybe think that those opportunities would have started to surface by now, even if it was at a lower level?

I agree and this presents an interesting case. At this point, is Jim Christian or Jeff Boals a better candidate for a school like BC. My guess is BC is looking for someone with head coaching experience. Experience aside, would Boals be the better coach? Christian presents less of a risk for an AD but Boals has more recent, relevant experience to me.

I assumed that people are bringing up Boals because the OU job is now open, which is his alma mater. I don't think anyone referenced his name as if he had a chance to beat Christian to the BC job.

I assumed that people are bringing up Boals because the OU job is now open, which is his alma mater. I don't think anyone referenced his name as if he had a chance to beat Christian to the BC job.

I understand. I just thought it might be a nice discussion about when to hire a coach and when not to hire a coach and the aversion to risk a lot of athletic directors have.

I understand. I just thought it might be a nice discussion about when to hire a coach and when not to hire a coach and the aversion to risk a lot of athletic directors have.

I think your Boals vs Christian question is interesting and valid.

BUT, I sure wish TW would have had an overwhelming aversion to risk when he hired Ianello :)

Can you explain to me what BC is seeing in JC?

He failed at TCU and then took a team that went to the sweet 16 (the whole team) and failed to get to the tourney with them the following year. He also lost finished 5th in his conference and lost in the quarter finals of the tourney in his second year.

What am I missing?

Can you explain to me what BC is seeing in JC?

He failed at TCU and then took a team that went to the sweet 16 (the whole team) and failed to get to the tourney with them the following year. He also lost finished 5th in his conference and lost in the quarter finals of the tourney in his second year.

What am I missing?

Nothing.

It's been a long time since JC has been "the hot guy". Hiring the "right guy" is a lot more difficult than hiring the hot guy. I'm not sure if JC is the right guy or the hot guy...or, neither. I lean towards neither. Very strange hire for BC if you ask me. Complete lack of imagination if you ask me. Well, who ever said what happens in college athletics is supposed to make sense...