Congrats to Hilltopper

Zip Watcher

A big congratulations to Hilltopper for receiving the Fan of the Year award at the Men's Basketball Celebration last night. The only unfortunate thing is that there weren't more people there to see it.

Great job Hilltopper .. well deserved & excellent sentiment expressed by you.

B)B)B)B)

Go Zips!

You beat me to it. Two years in a row now I've been seated between Hilltopper and GoZips and watched them be surprised to win Fan of the Year. Hilltopper expressed my sentiments exactly when he credited Coach Dambrot for bringing a decade of winning basketball to UA and making it so much fun to be a fan of Zips basketball. Hilltopper spent the previous three decades suffering through long droughts of losing teams, which will test the patience of any fan. While Hilltopper, GoZips and a handful of other longtime loyal Zips fans hated all those losing seasons, their support for Zips basketball never wavered. Cheers.

:cheers:

Thanks everyone. There a lot of loyal fans of the Zip's basketball program, so in receiving this award I was very surprised and honored. I have really enjoyed the last ten years since KD came on the scene. The previous 20 were somewhat of a basketball wasteland so I cherish every victory. It will be great when the program takes the next step and consistently wins in the post season and I plan on being there to root them on. :D

The coaching staff can't make any comments about recruiting until after signing day this Wednesday. KD was asked about Abreu but didn't give a definite answer. Honestly, the entire program was hampered by a really poor PA setup. It was very difficult to understand what was being said by anyone at the podium.