University of Akron president is Dr. Scarborough

:rock: This is the best news I've heard in a long time in regards to decision making at UA. Now we don't have to deal with the national embarrassment. :screwks:

And what about when we drop to 15k enrollment and everything about the university becomes nationally irrelevant?

YSU wins and will start to get a lot of pub from this!! Seriously, whoever argues about Tressel's credentials or "being an embarrassment" is F'd in the head. He is CLASS, has vision, a good manager of people AND another UA alumus that would have stayed forever and worked to have UA achieve its goals.

There are few important people that have loyalty to Akron…..Keith Dambrot, Jim Dennison, Lebron James and Jim Tressel. 3 of the 4 are gone. I certainly wish Scarborough well but the pieces were in place to put us on the map….in my opinion Jim Tressel would have done that….now he is competition….look out.

People need to be where they're appreciated, and it's evident that UA didn't appreciate Jim Tressel. YSU does, and he will feel welcome there and do a good job. If UA prefers Scott Scarborough, then I'm willing to give him a chance to prove himself. It will be interesting to track this over the coming years and see how UA does relative to YSU.

it's evident that UA didn't appreciate Jim Tressel.

Really? I think you have it all wrong in terms of who should be appreciative. UA did this man a tremendous favor, and paid him handsomely at the same time. It's a favor that people like him should be eternally grateful to receive.

Thankfully, we can now rid ourselves of this embarrassing and joke-inducing situation.

To be honest, my personal favorite in this extremely important candidacy was Dean Martin Belsky, however, my opinion is likely somewhat biased. Regardless, best of luck to Dr. Scarborough, I certainly hope you embrace this university and community with pride, honor, and the progressive vision that Dr. Proenza has demanded from the Akron community, its students, and its alumni. "We pledge anew, we're all for you" and Akron expects nothing less in reciprocity. Nothing but the absolute best.

Welcome Dr. Scarborough

And what about when we drop to 15k enrollment and everything about the university becomes nationally irrelevant?

Because we both know that is a hyperpole/not going to happen. But any more nationally irrelevant than we already are? At least know we don't have to be "that school who hired the hired the disgraced lying football coach as president".

We'll be just fine, in fact, we'll be great.

I heard that there is a big party planned by the people who worked directly with him at UT. They are thrilled that he got this new position at UA. :wave:

I heard that there will be an even bigger party to celebrate the fact that my alma mater didn't give the job to a guy who's employment record and character probably wouldn't get him past the initial interview with personnel for a janitor position at some companies.

• Like 2

I heard that there is a big party planned by the people who worked directly with him at UT. They are thrilled that he got this new position at UA. :wave:

With all due respect to every one on this board, just for the sake of objectivity:

- When the faculty at UA voice concerns about Tressel becoming a president, no one should listen to those "whiners" and it is a good thing Tressel is coming to set them straight. But an anecdotal rumor about People at Toledo not liking Dr. Scarborough, that is a big strike against him?

- Cheating while doing your job for God knows how long and lying multiple times to NCAA investigators is a "bad judgement" mistake that we should overlook, but being suspended from a job for undisclosed reasons with no charges, no penalties of any sort is unforgivable?

• Like 1