Yedlin makes US 30

Sigi Schmid’s analysis of U.S.-Portugal match

http://seattletimes.com/html/worldcup/2023907063_sigischmid23xml.html

"Clint Dempsey and DeAndre Yedlin made our city and our team very proud. They played vital roles in Sunday’s game...."

Seattle native Yedlin plays vital role off the bench in USA's draw with Portugal

http://www.soundersfc.com/post/2014/06/23/seattle-native-yedlin-plays-vital-role-bench-usas-draw-portugal

..."We've been working on a lot of little things for more than five weeks and one thing is to have DeAndre in our group now for a reason. Not only because he's one of our biggest talents, a youngster coming through the ranks, but because he has the qualities to make an impact in a game right now in this World Cup, which he did," Klinsmann said. "So now a guy comes in that hasn't played yet and maybe in the next game against Germany he will make an impact; this is our hope. That's what our belief is – that every one of these 23 guys on this roster will make an impact on this World Cup hopefully. We knew with DeAndre's speed and with his defensive skills playing up in Seattle at right back, we have another weapon to push back the defense and create problems. I said before if the ref doesn't blow the final whistle so early maybe DeAndre goes down and maybe we score the third one. It's fun to watch that kid."

Apparently Channel 3 is doing a story on DeAndre/Zips tonight (on 6 pm and 7 pm news, I believe)

6/23/2014: Me: @KimWheelerWKYC Nice piece on USMNT/WorldCup. Did you know #2 DeAndre Yedlin who came into the match last night played for the Zips?

6/23/2014 Reply from @KimWheelerWKYC : we are doing that story tomorrow

• Like 1

Apparently Channel 3 is doing a story on DeAndre/Zips tonight (on 6 pm and 7 pm news, I believe)

6/23/2014: Me: @KimWheelerWKYC Nice piece on USMNT/WorldCup. Did you know #2 DeAndre Yedlin who came into the match last night played for the Zips?

6/23/2014 Reply from @KimWheelerWKYC : we are doing that story tomorrow

I think this might have been overtaken tonight by the LeBron story. If so, perhaps this will air tomorrow (Wednesday 6/25/14). We'll see.

Edit: There's still 7 and 11, but I think the LeBron news today caused them to move this. I hope they still air the story sometime.

.@ZipsMSoc junior Andrew Souders spoke with @SaraShookman about former UA teammate @yedlinny today. #WKYC pic.twitter.com/LCDbJdtsha

— Paul Warner (@ZipsPaul) June 25, 2014

The full story will air twice today on @wkyc at 6 p.m. and again at 7 p.m.

— Paul Warner (@ZipsPaul) June 25, 2014

• Like 1

Yedlin made an immediate impact on the match. He should have joined the fray sooner, and who knows.......

.....and DeAndre also got U of Akron mentioned on an international broadcast!

And shortly after University of Akron was trending on twitter:

BrEznVjIMAEirzt.png

I was wearing my home Yedlin USA jersey for the first time in Manaus against Portugal. Wish I would have grabbed a photo. It probably would have been soaked in sweat. Manaus stadium is like a sauna. Took a photo from the 6th row in Recife. It poured for 90 mins so I did not get as many good photos as I would of liked.

post-5821-0-51583900-1404066842_thumb.jp

• Like 2

I was wearing my home Yedlin USA jersey for the first time in Manaus against Portugal. Wish I would have grabbed a photo. It probably would have been soaked in sweat. Manaus stadium is like a sauna. Took a photo from the 6th row in Recife. It poured for 90 mins so I did not get as many good photos as I would of liked.

@ Crew8! Represent, boy!

Awesome. I heard all of the families, including Bisbee & the Mrs, had to watch the match in Recife from their hotel due to the flooding. Their bus couldn't get to them through the flooded streets around their hotel.

Awesome. I heard all of the families, including Bisbee & the Mrs, had to watch the match in Recife from their hotel due to the flooding. Their bus couldn't get to them through the flooded streets around their hotel.

I heard the same while in Recife that the families did not make it to the match. It rained the entire time I was in Recife from 9am to 4pm. It only let up a little after the match was over.