The 2015 Football Commitment List

I'll keep this list as up-to-date as possible as recruiting season goes on.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

From my understanding, most commitment reporting is secondary sources reporting what they found. Some sources don't even list the source we've confirmed. So it's difficult to say it's really just one commit. But it is a bit concerning to me that we haven't seen much buzz.

Perhaps Bowden's got something cooking...

Buckzip, that's what I've been thinking. Coach Bowden has been going after increasingly more talented recruits. Many of these players likely believe they have a shot at making it to one of the power conference programs and aren't likely to commit early to UA. At least I hope this is what's happening, and that the Zips end up getting late commitments from some talented recruits who just missed making the cut at the bigger name schools.

Buckzip, that's what I've been thinking. Coach Bowden has been going after increasingly more talented recruits. Many of these players likely believe they have a shot at making it to one of the power conference programs and aren't likely to commit early to UA. At least I hope this is what's happening, and that the Zips end up getting late commitments from some talented recruits who just missed making the cut at the bigger name schools.

Just have a little patience. It still hasn't sunk in for anybody that doesn't follow the Zips closely that we're better than a 1-11 team now. Everybody saw the Michigan game, but we only had one win at the time, and still had just one win for a few weeks following that and by the time we started winning late in the season the attention had shifted away.

Put up a great performance against Penn State or Pitt this year, and follow it up with a win while there's still some residual spotlight on us, and you'll see recruits begin to commit earlier. Right now, it takes a lot of convincing from our coaches, and a lot of evidence has to be brought up to these kids before they come around to the notion that the program is on the upswing.

Well it appears there are plenty of offers out there, so hopefully we can put together another good signing class ................. I can tell you that Coach Bowden and Coach Stroud sell the program really well

Looks like the 2014 signing class is pretty strong also

• Like 1

Well it appears there are plenty of offers out there, so hopefully we can put together another good signing class ................. I can tell you that Coach Bowden and Coach Stroud sell the program really well

Looks like the 2014 signing class is pretty strong also

Rivals has Akron's 2014 class ranked at 111 out of 123 teams. How low would we have to be rated for you to downgrade them from pretty strong to strong?

^^Rival's also doesn't take into consideration transfers (Akron has **** Se'von Pittman as part of the class)...or some grey shirts. It doesn't take into consideration need/upgrade at positions either. It simply evaluates on star raking and volume. Volume does not equal success. Star Ranking does not equal success. I mean Ianello "brought it" numbers...but none of them were quality.

I'd rather have few, high quality and high retention probability recruits, over number of recruits any day of the week. All things considering, our recruiting class for 2014 was excellent. Those "Rivals Class Rankings" are total BS.

According to that logic 2010's class Akron was Ranked #89...2009's #69...2008 #80...We haven't seen much success from those "higher ranked" classes we've had. Since Bowden's been here our classes have been ranked 120, 110, 111, Yet I've seen vast improvement in our team. "Recruiting rankings" mean absolutely nothing.

^^Rival's also doesn't take into consideration transfers (Akron has **** Se'von Pittman as part of the class)...or some grey shirts. It doesn't take into consideration need/upgrade at positions either. It simply evaluates on star raking and volume. Volume does not equal success. Star Ranking does not equal success. I mean Ianello "brought it" numbers...but none of them were quality.

I'd rather have few, high quality and high retention probability recruits, over number of recruits any day of the week. All things considering, our recruiting class for 2014 was excellent. Those "Rivals Class Rankings" are total BS.

Which is better; excellent or pretty strong?

Rivals has Akron's 2014 class ranked at 111 out of 123 teams. How low would we have to be rated for you to downgrade them from pretty strong to strong?

Outside of rivals ranking of the class, what is your opinion of the 2014 class? If rivals is your source, would you agree it's that bad?

According to that logic 2010's class Akron was Ranked #89...2009's #69...2008 #80...We haven't seen much success from those "higher ranked" classes we've had. Since Bowden's been here our classes have been ranked 120, 110, 111, Yet I've seen vast improvement in our team. "Recruiting rankings" mean absolutely nothing.

Right on point in my opinion