Where Is The Money Going?

GP1

The playground part I'll give the caveat that it's a necessity for institutions; because students are looking for X, Y, Z thus will go to a University that has decent/good X, Y, Z. Students are directly paying for that, and (for the most part) demand those things. I personally think it's because these young adults have grown up in a society that portrays the "college life" in the mass media as A, B, C, so those young adults expect the college life to include A, B, C. Unfortunately many of these young adults don't think about the cost of those things of which society has marketed to them.

The biggest problem is absolutely the dramatic increase in bureaucrats and administrators, as well as their pays. There seems to be a rush to pad resumes with BS initiatives, "building processes", and program creation. We need not look any further than the Hiring of Jim Tressel at the University of Akron. A BS position, with BS job requirements was created to pad resumes with BS. All while costing hundreds of thousands of dollars. Absolutely amazing.

Or perhaps an actual investigative report, that presents real evidence. Johnathan Goldberg has some good points a lot of good points in there (that I agree with), but also has some fallacious (and politically motivated) jabs thrown in there.

• 2 years later...