New Zip QB's

ziptageous

There are several new Zip QB's coming in this fall and some have been working here this summer. Others have been said to be coming in. New Names:

Devyn Wood - Western Brown High School, Mt Orab, OH

Caleb Chapman - Evangelical Christian School, Ft Myers, FL

Tre'von Chapman - From Pitt, Ashland, Can't Roosevelt High School. Supposed to be here this Fall according to everything you read. Anyone heard of him being around yet?

THese three are on top of the 5 now on the Roster.

Oh now I see...when I first read "these three on top of the five now on roster" it kept translating to "these are the top three of the new five". But now I get it, most of my neurons apparently weren't firing yesterday.

Where do we think these QBs will be utilized other than QB? I honesty can't see there being any need for 8 qbs...Pohl and Hirschman should be 1 and 2 with Kincade currently the heir apparent. Are any of these guys that good to compete for the starting position?

Kincade and Caleb Chapman will redshirt. Travon Chapman will sit out due to transfer rules. Devyn Wood is a walk-on.

That leaves four active QBs, which is much more reasonable. Pohl is starting. Hirschman has game experience and will likely be the primary back-up. Then Tommy Woodson is coming off his redshirt year, and Matt Hoyer becomes eligible after sitting out last year as a transfer. Woodson was highly rated as a recruit coming in. Hoyer is a true dark horse with an excellent mentor in his older brother, an NFL QB.

Went to high school with Tra'. Was a star QB and freak athlete who would occasionally see time in our secondary as well. While he primarily wants to be a D1 pass thrower, he could potentially become a Jabari 2.0, only on the defensive side of the ball if the circumstances required such a change. This is pure guessing and specualtion as to what could happen if QB stays in a big log-jam like it loos like it could outside of the top guys.

He is very hungry for redemption and his chance to play D1, and I would bet he would be open to any changes if they were brought up. The kid loves football, and more importantly, helping the team win any way possible. "Nemo" (John Nemec) was like a father to Tra' at RHS, and he will do everything in his power to make sure Tra' gets help he needs and the chance he's always wanted.

I followed Devyn Wood in high school. Akron is getting a great young man and one fine QB. His senior year he sat out at least 8 quarters and threw for 4,260 yrds. When they got a lead they would pull him, if he gets the chance to show what he can do he will be a part of zip football in years to come. He has ran there offense for 2 years in high school. That will help him at the start of summer practices. I think zip nation got a steal, and zip nation will enjoy having him as a part of the program. Go Zips!

• 2 months later...