Lady Zips Soccer makes a splash in recruiting

Until I get confirmation that I can share it(which I expect in a matter of days), all I can say at this point is Coach Croft just got the program a top notch player in this class. Numerous power conference schools wanted this player, and I heard that one of them may have been the Florida Gators. Instead, she chose staying close to home(entering her senior year of high school 29 miles southeast of Akron) than to go to a big program. Great pickup by the Lady Zips. Once I get the word I can publicly say it, I will post her highlight videos of 2011, 2012, and 2013 seasons on here. Plus, I'll PM anyone that wants the schedule to check out her game and her high school team if you want to do so. Potentially, the best recruit Coach Croft has had since he was hired at Akron to replace Coach Pfau.

Once again, great job by Coach Croft and the staff for getting this student athlete to stay in Northeast Ohio!!!!!!

• Like 2

And Rachel carries a 3.8 GPA with classes in honors chemistry and trigonometry (whatever that is?!). And on the pitch, she's scored over 100 goals in 3 years?! Coach Croft is helping UA Wahine futbol turn the corner!

Thank you mes102 for being on top of things! I do have, however, to correct one li'l thing -- since they will be in Hawaii in five weeks, and they feature a key cog from the islands, midfielder Caprice Dydasco, I have to give a shout out to Amanda Cromwell's UCLA Bruins for winning the 2013 NCAA title. :NCAAC: !

And Rachel carries a 3.8 GPA with classes in honors chemistry and trigonometry (whatever that is?!). And on the pitch, she's scored over 100 goals in 3 years?! Coach Croft is helping UA Wahine futbol turn the corner!

Thank you mes102 for being on top of things! I do have, however, to correct one li'l thing -- since they will be in Hawaii in five weeks, and they feature a key cog from the islands, midfielder Caprice Dydasco, I have to give a shout out to Amanda Cromwell's UCLA Bruins for winning the 2013 NCAA title. :NCAAC: !

Oops, I was thinking of a different sport. :tomato: Thanks, Z.I.P.

Still no confirmation if Florida Gators were one, but all they said was "recruited by Florida". Could be just Florida in general, which could have been numerous schools. I do know for a fact though that she had several Big Ten schools that were looking forward to her commitment to their school.

I've seen her a couple times the past few seasons, and I can say that she is quicker than what you may think by highlight videos. I see her being the replacement for Kelly DeNiro. That's the role I see her in. That attacking midfielder role.