Zips hosts Terrapins

Perfect evening, nice crowd, decent number of Terps there too. We expected 1-1 or 1-2 v well coached MD side.

Terps were unremarkable although credit where credit due ala scoreline, yet Zips were lacking, early and often. Second PK given it would have been 4-0 in fairness. Small glimpses from Laryea and Souto, otherwise stalled MF. Najem seemed frustrated, Saad turned over for first goal and pk second. Garcia-Aguilar the surprise start. Souto in at 59', for Najem? They play together w Laryea in season I assume. Radjen not surprising if they wanted experience in the back from CSu regular, but then Kahsay did not play at all, slight injury? Radjen was out of position and confused several times, got staggered and man slipped directly behind him once and he never saw it, fortunately pass cut off. Weidt looked promising late, carries himself well for Fr.

Defensively they seem harried and might lack speed CB, requiring even more discipline. Keeper just not imposing and seems slight. Avoid set pieces please..

Movement off the ball was dull, they looked as if they just came of a game and had no legs/willingness. Could have been a tough week of training. No real build up, field played as narrow, more hallmarks of tired legs. Lazy does not seem like a trait of this group, worn and tired an almost hopeful explanation?

Anyone concerned, or was this a fluke to be forgotten once season has started?

• Like 1

I agree with all, very disappointing performance all around. Didn't seem to be much fire out on the field. Not sure of the lineup, seemed to be numerous starters that didn't start. The team is young and needs time to learn each other. I hope Friday is much better and we see a more determined Zips effort. Thanks to Jake the keeper for throwing a ball at the beginning of the match to my 8 year old daughter. Go Zips.