2015 Recruits

We did have another thread with this, but I can't currently find it. Perhaps one of the moderators can post a link? There's also an ATH and a 3-star WR Donterio Fowler has committed to the Zips.

There's also been a long list of transfers that will be eligible to play in in 2015.

Couldn't find the thread either .............. Thought I had seen the Fowler kid commit. Guess there must be a very long list of transfers to fill an average size recruiting class (not sure how many spots being filled)

I believe in that thread it was also stated the many of the Akron commits come late in the cycle. Still pretty early I guess although February is sneaking up

Alrighty, I knew I wrote down the list somewhere...so the thread is MIA but it was here (somewhere) at some point. Note this list ALSO includes transfers who will be eligible come 2015. Some of them are currently on the roster.

TRS QB Tra'von Chapman ****

TRS DL Jamal Marcus ****
TRS DL Rodney Coe ****
TRS CB Larry Hope ***

TRS OL Tommy Brown *** (might be eligible this season?)
TRS RB Donnel Alexander**

*** WR Donterio Fowler

DT Tyler Shipman

ATH Jaquavis Dixon

This is the list of known commits/known transfers who will be eligible next season. I'd imagine that the list is short because we're targeting higher level talent, who will commit late, and after Akron demonstrates it has turned the corner.

I also believe we're stacking up on talent to make a SERIOUS run next year for Pohl's senior year.

Looked at film on these guys and although they are highlight tapes (all good plays), they look all be pretty athletic guys that should make impacts. To your point, with some nice young recruits to bring along, looks like Coach Bowden and staff may have something started

Thanks for the information ..................... Question as to whether Brown will get the hard ship nod and be eligible this season? I see that his transfer was due to playing time, which I find hard to believe the NCAA will give the hard ship for that? Is that your take Balsey ?