at Ohio State

Considering the afore mentioned group, was there any conversation about UA bidding for Browns? I recognize that we already have (at least) one thread for that.

The only comment that I will make is that I was told that Dr. Scarborough, while attending the Tulsa game at FES-CCF, commented how much fun it was, and that he'd have to come to more games. GO ZIPS!

EDIT: I forgot, one of the Zips fans who lives in Columbus said that the plan for a new Crew Stadium with a number of practice fields is a pipe dream that's been discussed for the last 15 or so years.

Let's take any further discussion of this over to the other thread. I agree with Balsy we shouldn't upset anyone in this thread.

I guess there is a difference in that Jared inherited a successful team with most everything in place. But, he still deserves time to "settle" into his new position. Being the Head Coach is significantly different from being an assistant. With the homegrown "explosion" in MLS, I think it's also becoming more and more difficult to pick up the national team academy players. Finally, if you look back at out College Cup teams, Blair Gavin, Anthony Ampaipitakwong, Scott Caldwell, Zarek Valentin, and others that I may be forgetting knew each other from the IMG Academy. That was an awesome stroke of luck/recruiting prowess to be able to get so many players who already knew each other and likely had at least some playing time together before coming to Akron

We have a young team and have played a pretty tough schedule.. Don't forget our team that won the national championship was laden with upperclassmen. This team is young and we were missing Souto (a key component…..no surprise our winning streak started on his return). It is tough for a powerhouse in any college sport to keep reloading and be consistent. Looking forward to beating Wake Forest. During our run with Caleb…..our crowds we amazing and the team fed off of US!!!! Nobody wanted to play at Cub Cadet. We need to keep that going so top new players WANT to play here…….

We have a young team and have played a pretty tough schedule.. Don't forget our team that won the national championship was laden with upperclassmen. This team is young and we were missing Souto (a key component…..no surprise our winning streak started on his return). It is tough for a powerhouse in any college sport to keep reloading and be consistent. Looking forward to beating Wake Forest. During our run with Caleb…..our crowds we amazing and the team fed off of US!!!! Nobody wanted to play at Cub Cadet. We need to keep that going so top new players WANT to play here…….

I totally agree with you a-zip. Jared and the players are learning and getting it done. Wil Trapp told me last night, what we've all seen, that the Zips look night and day better than they did in the Maryland exhibition game [he attended at FES-CCF]. Jared, his staff, and this team are doing fine. We need to continue to support them and bring the sizable crowds at home. I wish I could be at Wake Forest to support them in person. :thumb: