Jimmal Ball

Hilltopper

Jimmal has retired from a 14 year career playing professionally in France. He has returned to Akron to finish his degree and is working as an intern in the department of development under George Van Horne. Jimmal is one of my all time favorite Zips players. Jimmal has many spots in the all time records at UA including being the career steals leader with 242. Jimmal also scored 44 points in a Zips classic at the JAR vs Xavier in the 96-97 season. He still looks like he could suit up and play for the team.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmal_Ball

• Like 1

Hilltopper has been telling me all about Jimmal for years now, and it was a real pleasure to finally meet him. What a great personality he has. He's the kind of person you could talk with for hours because he has so many interesting stories.

For those who'd like to take a little nostalgia trip, here's the original 1996 AP story of Jimmal's performance in the triple overtime game against #17 Xavier.

Hilltopper has been telling me all about Jimmal for years now, and it was a real pleasure to finally meet him. What a great personality he has. He's the kind of person you could talk with for hours because he has so many interesting stories.

For those who'd like to take a little nostalgia trip, here's the original 1996 AP story of Jimmal's performance in the triple overtime game against #17 Xavier.

I don't know how Prosser could say he had never heard of Ball as a HS player in Canton. He was MVP of the Ohio-Kentucky All-Star Game, for Pete's sake! #4Petesake

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...