Game #9 Bowling Green

Balsy

I don't understand that call at all-- a pitch to Hundley w the entire BG team stacked on the line? He's not that kind of runner. Terrible play call.

Overall I am very displeased with 3rd down calls tonight. I dont mind that actual play call, but not with that personnel (aka Hundley).

Exactly. One of the things that is really obvious to me over the course of the season is how much a mobile QB that is a genuine run threat would add to things. During the PSU game there were a bunch of opportunities for Pohl to run and pick up major yards, but he clearly had been told not to do it-- I thought so he wouldn't get injured. Then, in the Ohio game, Woodson had an obvious run opportunity at one point but pulled back and threw into coverage.

Please, more of that triple threat backfield. Do that until it doesn't work.

Pohl needs to be a commanding QB. He didn't get the first down, time ticking down. You run up to the line (who was already lining up) and you snap the ball and throw a hailmary to any WR running down the field.

If people want to know why the coaches question Pohl, this why.

My only beef with play calling is they had some success running to the left between the center and tackle. They seem to have the defense blocked. Let's get back to that. Running right has been too difficult and they aren't getting everyone blocked.

I have no problem with the pass plays called. More passes over the middle. Need to do a better job of catching. I know it's raining, but this is a big game and guys need to produce in big games if we are ever going to become anything other than pretenders.

• Like 1