Game #9 Bowling Green

Balsy

My only beef with play calling is they had some success running to the left between the center and tackle. They seem to have the defense blocked. Let's get back to that. Running right has been too difficult and they aren't getting everyone blocked.

I have no problem with the pass plays called. More passes over the middle. Need to do a better job of catching. I know it's raining, but this is a big game and guys need to produce in big games if we are ever going to become anything other than pretenders.

Just threw a pass over the middle and completed it. Then we ran to the left for a TD. If I can figure it out in SC, why does it take them so long to figure it out?

That last INT was a perfect example of BG being a contender and UofA being a pretender. Jump ball and the BG defender goes up to catch it like someone who wants to play for the league championship. Our guy goes up for the pass like he is in practice and the ball should just fall in his arms. Completely confused by another player actually competing hard against him.

Our WRs are soft.

As I said after Ohio 6-6 at best, as it said on the graphic on TV, Bowden says the progression is lose big, lose close, win close, and finally win big. He thinks we are in between losing close and winning close, I agree. This team got our hopes up, but really just an average team this year. Let's hope the the trajectory continues next year as we can win 7 games next year. Time to turn to basketball now, really wish they could have gotten the arena on the ballot today and maybe could have had one thing to cheer for tonight if it would have passed. Night all

Has the defense quit.

No. They are just getting their asses kicked by a better team. It's the difference between contenders and pretenders.

Perhaps if the offense could have stayed on the field for more than 3 downs or less then out, the defense might not have looked so tired.

With ~44 seconds remaining in the first half, and BUGS punting from their end zone, why did the Zips coaches not have the nads to rush everyone to try to block the punt? WTF were we doing fielding that punt. Possibly letting it roll couldn't have resulted in much worse field position. Worst case would have been roughing the kicker with BUGS getting the ball at the 18 (or 25, whatever) with < 44 seconds remaining in the half. Seemed to be worth the risk to possibly get 2 or 6/7 points, especially at home.

I feel sorry for Pohl. He has absolutely no support around him.

The two INTs he threw were unacceptable. Second one, where he threw to an unopened reciever...into the wind...was bad one. Turning the Ball over in the Red Zone is also absolutely unacceptable.

Take charge at the end of the first half and throw the ball to a streaking receiver. Pohl is a field lieutenant, instead of a general.

• Like 1

With ~44 seconds remaining in the first half, and BUGS punting from their end zone, why did the Zips coaches not have the nads to rush everyone to try to block the punt? WTF were we doing fielding that punt. Possibly letting it roll couldn't have resulted in much worse field position. Worst case would have been roughing the kicker with BUGS getting the ball at the 18 (or 25, whatever) with < 44 seconds remaining in the half. Seemed to be worth the risk to possibly get 2 or 6/7 points, especially at home.

This really didn't have anything to do with the outcome of the game. The assumption is they block the kick...Punts rarely get blocked. The other assumption is the score...They had zero timeouts and they would have been kicking into the wind. BG is a good team and good teams rarely let things like blocked punts happen...That's why they are good teams.