What was the best part of last season?

Zipsrifle

While everyone is looking forward to next year, what was the best part of last year? I'm sure getting rid of LO will get a lot of votes. For me, it was beating UCF and watching them implode and mingle with the Crap of the MAC. I loved watching those guys fall hard. So much for Dominating the MAC.

I agree. that W was probably the most savored of the entore season. I also had to enjoy walking around under Camp Randall stadium after the game with my Blue and Good on and people actually complimenting me on how our team played. That meant something. As it relates to the firring ot LO and co, I wish it had occured exactly one year earlier. I think last season m8ight have been very different. :wall:

There were many things that were great about last season. The one thing that sticks out in my mind was walking in for the Akron-Can't game. Seeing a crowd and having people excited for the game. It was the best atmosphere I had ever seen at the bowl.

The other moment would be the second half against OU.

There were many things that were great about last season.  The one thing that sticks out in my mind was walking in for the Akron-Can't game.  Seeing a crowd and having people excited for the game.  It was the best atmosphere I had ever seen at the bowl.

The other moment would be the second half against OU.

I agree. As a football fan in Northeast Ohio, that was pretty sweet. Young and old, college kids, high school football fans, old schoolers, etc.

I hope we similar scene at Dix this year.

Also, I've been away from the board for awhile. Can anyody provide information regarding possible defensive improvements, whether personnel or strategy related that might be of interest?

Thanks,

Elmore

ok, lets talk about second halves, like OU. Yes they showed class and what a good team they really are despite sucking on the D side of the ball. Here is another: you might not have been there but I was and do not think I have ever been as cold as I was....Central Michigan in Mt. Pleasant. That game demonstrated where LO and PW fu*ked up last year. They let CM score some points and were down big time. The solution: they simply beat the crap out of their D line and rammed the ball down their throats running it. Just pounded away off tackle play after play. LO and PW committed to the West Coast spread in summer camp and screwed up big time. The team was so happy after that game. They were happy after OU but for 16 of them football was over or probably over and the rest of the college football world kept on playing for 1-2 more weeks. Two hours later, the axe fell. Those 16 who played their asses off for 5 years became ghosts of seasons past, Such a hard reality toi deal with. Oh well, old news, I will stop. :chair:

Yea, that was a nice, brisk Michigan afternoon. First snow of the season. After last season they picked up GVSU's coach Brian Kelly. From what little I've read and heard, the guy had a very successful program at GVSU winning the D-II National Championship in 2002 and 2003. Much better grab than EMU, who I think grabbed a local guy who was an assistant coach at Northwestern. You would think that the coach that took over near the end of last season, who cranked out a few wins, would have gotten the job. Big turnover in the MAC this year for Head Coaches. I think I read somewhere that it tied for the most new coaches in the MAC ever. Hopefully JD will be the head of the class.