Roll call - who's heading to Charleston?

MDZip

We may drive down to Hilton Head one day but don't have many specific plans other than the 3 Zips games.

It's a long, boring drive and HH isn't worth the time. Its where northerners who don't know any better go. With kids, you'd be better off going to Myrtle Beach for a day.

If you make it to HH, and like wings, try this place.

Wild Wing Cafe is good, but not great...sort of like Hilton Head itself. Interesting fact, the HH WWC is the original WWC.

I would forego wings at WWC for this.

As an added GP1 recommendation, I'll give you folks the ONLY reason for going to HH. There is a night club called The Jazz Corner. It is typically rated one of the top jazz clubs in the country according to the people who rate those kinds of things. There is a guy who plays there every Sunday night with his band called Deas Guys and his name is Reggie Deas. He plays R&B, Motown and some popular stuff you would hear at a wedding receptions (During wedding season, he does three weddings a weekend for around eight to ten thousand a gig.). It is really a great event and mostly locals show up. He also plays once a month at the Hammock Shops on Pawley's Island around 7-8 times a year. That's when Mrs. GP1 and I like to go watch him. You could download his Live at The Jazz Corner recording off of I Tunes. If you saw this band at the Jazz Corner, you would have a great memory for the rest of your life.

One last thing about HH. Actually, it really isn't about HH, but about people from Ohio going there. If you want to go there on vacation, it's your money and you can waste it as you wish. However, folks in Charlotte need a break from the one thing that Ohioans do on their way home from HH on Saturdays. Some of us who live around Charlotte like to go into the city on Saturday nights and it is extremely hard to get there because of the amount of car wrecks people from Ohio get into on their way home on I-77. Every Saturday, there is a car with an Ohio license plate in a wreck on the side of the road in Charlotte causing large traffic jams and unnecessary delays getting into the city. If you go, please do not get into a wreck. If you know people who go to HH, please ask them to not get into a wreck driving through Charlotte. If you want to wait until Statesville to get into a wreck, that's fine, but please stop getting into them in Charlotte.

I think there will be more Zips fans in Charleston on the 20th than there will be at InfoCision on the 18th.

It will be interesting to see if the Zips basketball team can hold USC to fewer points than the football team can hold UMass.

Ha Ha! Good thing we're not playing UMass in basketball and Southern Cal in football.

• Like 1

Ha Ha! Good thing we're not playing UMass in basketball and Southern Cal in football.

The best baseball players only hit .300, so I have to be content with .500. ;)

Happy for the Zips' seniors. Those inglorious bastards deserved to win on Senior Day. If they can close the deal @ K.e.n.t., they can look back at their careers and be pretty satisfied with 'em.

Booker T Washington once said..."Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached, as by the obstacles which he has overcome."

By that definition, these Zips seniors have been highly successful. Hope to see you all in Lot 9 next year. :rock: