Tree Treadwell Thread

zippy5

If Tree had graduated academically he would have been eligible to transfer to another D-I school and play immediately without having to sit out a season. My guess is that he hadn't completed all of his required credit hours. I hope he does well in his professional career and that he returns to finish his degree at UA.

Tree starts off his professional career with a typical Tree performance:

In his first game, a 74-72 loss, Treadwell put up a double-double with 19 points and 11 rebounds. That's not surprising, especially to those who remember him well during his time in the MAC.

Interesting that Jeremiah Wood is also now playing in Argentina.

Sportsjunkie300 may have only 22 posts, but you can always rely on him (or her) to show up any time a Zips men's basketball player gets in trouble, claim he knows more than anyone imagines and proceed to trash the way the program is run. He was here to question Nick when Nick was having problems, he was here to question Q when Q was having problems, and he was even here when Chauncey had a very minor problem. If a Zips men's basketball player is having any kind of problem, you can always rely on Sportsjunkie300 to show up and try to rub it in. Haven't quite figured out yet what the motive is. But it's well known there are people at UA who want the Zips men's basketball program to fail.

I'd just like to say my initial impression of Sportsjunkie300 was wrong. While most of his early posts seemed to be aimed at trashing the program, his posts over the last couple of months have shown that he's a strong supporter of Zips basketball who calls things as he sees them, both good and bad. I look forward to reading his posts.

I'd just like to say my initial impression of Sportsjunkie300 was wrong. While most of his early posts seemed to be aimed at trashing the program, his posts over the last couple of months have shown that he's a strong supporter of Zips basketball who calls things as he sees them, both good and bad. I look forward to reading his posts.

I appreciate that DIG, thanks. I did come in to ZNO with some negativity, though. I certainly could have taken a different approach in the way I posted when I first started posting.

You are right, I want nothing more than to see the Zips BB program to succeed.

Go Zips!

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 5/27/2016 at 8:15 PM, akronzips71 said:

I think you all miss the point. He could not keep his hands to himself and screwed us over royally.

I loved watching him play, but I hate what happened.

I get it, his actions hurt a promising season.  I think you miss my point that he was not even a borderline NBA talent.  Also, it has been 2 years, I think it's time for us all to get over it.

Edited by clarkwgriswold

On 5/27/2016 at 8:15 PM, akronzips71 said:

I think you all miss the point. He could not keep his hands to himself and screwed us over royally.

I loved watching him play, but I hate what happened.

I think you are mixing him up with Abreu.  Tree's absence in his Senior year hurt but not near as much as Abreu's.  The Zips coulda made some noise that year.

• 2 months later...
50 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

Looks like its for a different team in the same league as he was in last year (2nd highest). He kind of dominated the league last year if I'm not mistaken. Surprised he isn't getting a chance in the highest league.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...