Ohio State game

If we don't, at least, win this game then we have no business calling ourselves an elite soccer program anymore.

Disagree for a number of reasons (some listed below from GoZips.com), but I guess you're welcome to your own opinion. Zips have a lot of Freshman who have developed over this season & found a way to get into the NCAA Tournament. They deserved a home game, but the NCAA only talks about fairness and integrity; they don't actually follow their creed.

When postseason play begins, the Zips will join an elite group of just six Division I programs that have qualified for the NCAA Championships in each of the past eight seasons. Only Indiana, Louisville, Maryland, UCLA, and Virginia can share that claim.

Akron freshmen Richie Laryea and Bryce Cregan (Dallastown, Pa.) were recently recognized by TopDrawerSoccer.com as part of its national rankings of the top 100 freshmen in the country at the midpoint of the 2014 campaign. Laryea was tabbed at No. 26, while Cregan checked in at No. 72 in the rankings.

Defending MAC champion Akron opened 2014 conference play at Bowling Green. Since 1998, the Zips have won 10 conference crowns [1998, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013], as well as 17 regular-season MAC titles. UA has made 28 appearances in the NCAA Tournament, advancing to the College Cup three times [1986, 2009, 2010], and the national championship game twice [2009, 2010]. Akron won the 2010 national championship.

Four Akron Zips were nominated for the 2014 CoSIDA Academic All-America Team. To be eligible, student-athletes must have a cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 3.30 or better and be a starter or significant reserve. Representing the Zips are goalkeeper Jake Fenlason, midfielder Adam Najem, defender Brad Ruhaak (Akron, Ohio), and defender Andrew Sounders.

• Like 3

If we don't, at least, win this game then we have no business calling ourselves an elite soccer program anymore.

While I will be disappointed if the zips don't win, I strongly disagree with your point of view.

The best team does not always win on a soccer field. I have watched too many games where one team dominates for 89 minutes but loses on one minute of good play by the other team.

I am very proud of this young team for improving during the year and showing the mental toughness to come back from 1 goal down in 2 games this past weekend. Ohio State has wins this year over #3 overall seed Michigan State and also has a win over ACC tourney finalist Louisville. The Buckeyes have their best team in years and they will have the home crowd advantage. Ohio State has 2 wins this year over Michigan. Michigan defeated Notre Dame, the #1 overall seed in the tourney this year. Notre Dame also lost this year to Boston college. Is Notre Dame not an elite program because they have 2 losses to teams not even in the tourney?

This team has dealt with challenges this year and they will have to play today without Victor Souto. This is not an all star squad like the 2010 zips but as long as they are fighting and playing smart, I am going to be very proud of Jared and this team.

• Like 2

Disagree for a number of reasons (some listed below from GoZips.com), but I guess you're welcome to your own opinion. Zips have a lot of Freshman who have developed over this season & found a way to get into the NCAA Tournament. They deserved a home game, but the NCAA only talks about fairness and integrity; they don't actually follow their creed.

When postseason play begins, the Zips will join an elite group of just six Division I programs that have qualified for the NCAA Championships in each of the past eight seasons. Only Indiana, Louisville, Maryland, UCLA, and Virginia can share that claim.

Akron freshmen Richie Laryea and Bryce Cregan (Dallastown, Pa.) were recently recognized by TopDrawerSoccer.com as part of its national rankings of the top 100 freshmen in the country at the midpoint of the 2014 campaign. Laryea was tabbed at No. 26, while Cregan checked in at No. 72 in the rankings.

Defending MAC champion Akron opened 2014 conference play at Bowling Green. Since 1998, the Zips have won 10 conference crowns [1998, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013], as well as 17 regular-season MAC titles. UA has made 28 appearances in the NCAA Tournament, advancing to the College Cup three times [1986, 2009, 2010], and the national championship game twice [2009, 2010]. Akron won the 2010 national championship.

Four Akron Zips were nominated for the 2014 CoSIDA Academic All-America Team. To be eligible, student-athletes must have a cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 3.30 or better and be a starter or significant reserve. Representing the Zips are goalkeeper Jake Fenlason, midfielder Adam Najem, defender Brad Ruhaak (Akron, Ohio), and defender Andrew Sounders.

I may have overstated that but you get the point haha. It would be two years in a row not making the Sweet 16 and the first 1st round loss in as long as I can remember. Not elite, in recent years.