Zips vs Penn State

zipsrule

It's hard to believe we are 3-1 with so little production from Jake & Reggie. When they heat up, we could really have a year to remember. I'm sure the youngsters will give us moments to pull our hair out, but that may only be brief minutes like we have already seen, with others stepping up to over come. Go Zips!

Has anyone taken a look at OSU's schedule? It's pathetically weak and their ranked 20 in the nation...

The media always puts them in a position to compete nationally, by placing them there at the start of the season. Even after they couldn't make it out of the first round of the tournament last year :lol:

Wait until their fans start bragging about being 10-0 with that schedule. That's how they preserve the rankings that they get early on, until their conference games send them plummeting back to earth. It happens like this every year.

Unfortunately, we'll never get that luxury. So, we'll have to fight our way up from the bottom to get national recognition. Wins over USC, S. Carolina and Penn State will really help.

• Like 1

If they win their next 10 games, they'll have wins over Marquette, Louisville, and UNC. But let's not let facts get in the way of our little brother syndrome.

This thread is about Penn State. Let's keep it that way.

More importantly, this forum is about Akron sports. And my post was about Akron sports, specifically pointing out how Akron has to take a different route to obtain national ranking.

It's clear that your last two posts are in defense of the Suckeyes. There's plenty of place for you to take that where forum members will welcome those comments.

This is an Akron Zips forum. Ohio State is our competitor. You're shocked to see posters saying negative things about a competitor? You wasted very little time jumping on Balsy's post in defense of your Suckeyes.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

There is a filter that changes the letters K E N T to Can't. There could be a filter that strikes from the record all references to the institution in Columbus. I would love to see it happen because I am beyond tired of reading the bullshit.

More importantly, this forum is about Akron sports. And my post was about Akron sports, specifically pointing out how Akron has to take a different route to obtain national ranking.

It's clear that your last two posts are in defense of the Suckeyes. There's plenty of place for you to take that where forum members will welcome those comments.

This is an Akron Zips forum. Ohio State is our competitor. You're shocked to see posters saying negative things about a competitor? You wasted very little time jumping on Balsy's post in defense of your Suckeyes.

I couldn't care less what is said about any of our competitors, including OSU as long as it is factual (something you struggle with) and isn't ignorance. I value quality discussion.

If you want to spew your misguided bias against OSU or any other program, make a thread in the off topic section and you can have a nice discussion with yourself.

Back to Penn State talk.

Miami also won the title game handily over Charlotte 77-58 (and in a weird scheduling quirk like we had at last years tournament with South Carolina will face them again Tuesday night) so its possible the Zips could have been the second best team at the tournament. Miami is still undefeated and is now ranked #17 in the country so the Zips don't have too much to be ashamed of. This Penn State game should be a really good test. Anyone see a line yet? Bet its close.

PSU is favored by three and a half. Per my above link. You can get another half point some places.

It's a TRAP! ;)

Kwan Cheatham could present the biggest problem for the Nittany Lions in their biggest area of weakness right now. The 6-9 forward is averaging 2.0 blocks to go along with his 10.3 points per contest and will give Penn State's frontcourt a test they'll need to pass in order to pull out a win.Much like the USC game, there's no reason to stray from predicting a close, sloppy game. It'll be another frustrating watch but I expect PSU to pull through in the end, 62-60.

PSU is favored by three and a half. Per my above link. You can get another half point some places.

It's a TRAP! ;)

Kwan Cheatham could present the biggest problem for the Nittany Lions in their biggest area of weakness right now. The 6-9 forward is averaging 2.0 blocks to go along with his 10.3 points per contest and will give Penn State's frontcourt a test they'll need to pass in order to pull out a win.Much like the USC game, there's no reason to stray from predicting a close, sloppy game. It'll be another frustrating watch but I expect PSU to pull through in the end, 62-60.

He failed to mention the score from the last time the two teams met.