Bryant at Akron 11/30/2014

GJGood

While I had hoped that Deji would continue his great play from the last part of last season, he's exceeding my expectations. Though he's only averaging the 6th most minutes per game (18), he's tied with Kwan (26 mpg) as the team's 3rd leading scorer at 9.7 ppg behind Noah (13.3 in 32 mpg) and Pat (10.5 in 28 mpg).

Here's a guy who's free throw shooting had been steadily going down each season, from 68.8% to 56.2% to an even worse than Tree 44.7% last season. Through 6 games this season Deji's hitting 88% of his free throws (22-25). He's become as reliable a free throw shooter as former Zips ace Darryl Roberts. He's gone from cringeworthy to a money guy you want on the floor at the end of close games.

Not only that, Deji's 25 total free throw attempts leads the team over Pat (23 attempts) and Noah (18) who average many more minutes per game. Deji has become the guy who can take it to the rim and finish, draw fouls and reliably knock down free throws. His 3-point shooting is off so far this season, but his slashing ability is much more valuable to a team with many 3-point shooters.

If Deji continues to perform at this level he will be a legitimate candidate for MAC Sixth Man of the Year.

So we have a freshman who is averaging 13.3 PPG in his first six D1 games.

Not for nothing, Zeke was not even close to that in his first six games.

While we have not seen the other MAC freshmen, this guy is looking like a shoo in for FOY, and very possibly a senior POY

Now I have to do some superstitious things and hope that he does not get jammed up or have academic problems. We have had too much drama in that area, and this guy looks for sure to be the real deal.

I was making a point, we have not had a true freshman who performed like that in forever.

And HALF of his first three D1 games were against HIGH MAJORS.

That says a lot for what he should be able to accomplish in the MAC.

Now I do think that Kwan and Deji and Pat playing well and scoring helps him get good looks. But that is what team play is all about.

So we have a freshman who is averaging 13.3 PPG in his first six D1 games.

Not for nothing, Zeke was not even close to that in his first six games.

While we have not seen the other MAC freshmen, this guy is looking like a shoo in for FOY, and very possibly a senior POY

Now I have to do some superstitious things and hope that he does not get jammed up or have academic problems. We have had too much drama in that area, and this guy looks for sure to be the real deal.

It will be fun watching Noah and Sean Sellers, freshman forward at Ball State, battle it out for FOY as the season goes on. Sellers is averaging 19.5 ppg for their first four games. Noah is looking great but Sellers is also making a strong freshman run.

It will be fun watching Noah and Sean Sellers, freshman forward at Ball State, battle it out for FOY as the season goes on. Sellers is averaging 19.5 ppg for their first four games.

Thanks for making me aware, I have yet to see him play, but his stats look impressive. Makes me want to attend the January 27th game.

• 2 weeks later...

#4 is going to be this years Jawanza Moore/ Jimmy Conyers. I really liked how KD kept Fire and Ice together on the floor last night when the game was on the line. Those 2 guys are the future of Zips basketball.

I had the chance to watch the Zips Basketball Show on STO last night and Coach Dambrot used the exact same expression to describe Antino and Noah.

Either he's reading this board or you have passed that along to him. Either way, you should be in line for royalties. ;)

I had the chance to watch the Zips Basketball Show on STO last night and Coach Dambrot used the exact same expression to describe Antino and Noah.

Either he's reading this board or you have passed that along to him. Either way, you should be in line for royalties. ;)

Or Hilltopper IS Keith Dambrot?????

Or Hilltopper IS Keith Dambrot?????

Nah, I'm just a shill who wears rose colored glasses and gives too much money to the program. ;)