Tailgating 2015

Hilltopper

How much would you pay to have a reserved tailgating spot in Lot #9?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If your tag line reads "Can't read, can't write, Akron," you are much less likely to get tailgating guidance than if it read otherwise.

The same could probably be said about my username being "Bubba4three" with a profile picture showing Stevie Taylor trash talking the Zips' bench. But then I would be living a lie.

I've always felt visiting fans tailgating greatly enhances the gameday atmosphere. I think we all know Akron needs all the help they can get in enhancing gameday atmosphere. :rock:

Zips fans have a long history of being cordial and helpful to visiting fans who post here asking for advice without talking smack. Using a smack tag line should be reserved for one's own fan forum, not when visiting a rival forum while asking for help. As for screen names, Bubbafor3 is no issue to me because I always thought Bubba was a Kitty-style player who never really fit in as a Zips team member and ended up where he belonged.

Zips fans have a long history of being cordial and helpful to visiting fans who post here asking for advice without talking smack. Using a smack tag line should be reserved for one's own fan forum, not when visiting a rival forum while asking for help. As for screen names, Bubbafor3 is no issue to me because I always thought Bubba was a Kitty-style player who never really fit in as a Zips team member and ended up where he belonged.

My first post didn't have any smack. I have a pretty basic rivalry jab in my signature line. That isn't flaming smack talk, it is an acknowledgement of a rivalry. As I stated, I feel opposing fans visiting a school to tailgate and participate in a rivalry is a positive for the home team. Rivalries games help build atmosphere. That is a good thing, and it is something Akron BADLY needs. And that IS a knock and some (very accurate) smack talk.

See you tomorrow! :nutkick:

You'll have to forgive me as I'm not very good at smack talk. But when I consider the Bubba4three handle and look back on the two seasons that Bubba was at OU after leaving the Zips, this is what I remember:

The Zips' record against the Kitties in those two seasons was 3-1.

The Zips' overall record was 50-18 vs. 39-26 for the Kitties.

So the Bubba4three handle just reminds me that the Zips didn't miss Bubba, and Bubba didn't help the Kitties produce anything to brag about. In other words every time I see a Bubba4three post on ZipsNation it brings back good memories. So thanks for hanging around. :)

• Like 1

Just a little note from the weekend. The facebook tailgating page had the best week ever because of the bottom picture. Total reach within a whisker of 1500 and 6 new page likes. If you weren't there you missed out. The Phi Psis had what they called Pigskinpalooza for their annual football reunion and what a party it was. Great turn out, great shelter & some of the best barbecue I have ever eaten in my life. Seriously. And this is coming from a guy that knows a thing or two about grub.

Kudos to all the people that made it happen. Very impressive.12088264_10205337718105888_239782912556112118694_819999864785449_131201268642106

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Campus police made their rounds in Lot 9 shortly after kickoff. Reportedly, tailgaters were told to enter the stadium or leave. I witnessed the officers walking down to the lot as I was entering. Tailgating during the game has been prohibited, according to GoZips.com, since the opening of Infocision but this is the first I have heard of any attempt of enforcement.

• 8 months later...