Officiating Thread

Dr Z

MAC coordinator of officials J.D. Collins was named National Coordinator of Men's basketball officials .

The popular Collins will step down from his MAC position by the end of the month. In his new job, he will provide national leadership for officials, as well as regional advisers, conference coordinators and coaches, to increase consistency with the enforcement of NCAA playing rules.

"I am humbled and honored to be selected to fill this position," Collins said in a release from the NCAA. "Throughout my career I have had the privilege of working with and being trained by some of the best officials, coordinators and leaders in the sport. That experience has prepared me for this exciting opportunity.... Rabid MAC college basketball fans' first line of attack for just about every loss has invariably been, "MAC Officiating." Now it can extend around the country. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
...The next order of off-season college basketball business will be the upcoming rules committee meeting next week, where the MAC will have a strong voice in Akron coach Keith Dambrot.
  • Like 1